Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Dilemma w/ NFA items & local range.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VALG17 View Post
    I think it is pretty easy to understand why they are asking for proof of legal compliance...asking for a physical hard copy of the paperwork is going above and beyond...but again, in today's climate, I can imagine some range owners, etc. are going the extra mile to assure legality. It's just as simple as that. Again, ask them if they would be satisfied with proof of your legal identification, and then white out the private information on the forms. I think there are some options here which you are not pursuing because you are irked with the range owners. If/when you get over that, you may find solutions that are mutually agreeable. Or you just have to not shoot there.
    Yes, I understand why they would ask. And I’m not irked to the point of not pursuing other routes. I mentioned before I’m fine with showing them my hard copies, even though I don’t want to. What I am NOT cool with, is the copying of the forms, and even if all the pertinent data is whited-out. One, I doubt that will fly, because what’s the point if you can’t see any of the information to verify it’s accurate? Two, all you have to do is hold the paper up to the light, and you can pretty much see exactly what’s been whited-out. I’m just venting and letting people know what it’s like down here. I was really hoping somebody here goes to said range and would be able to tell me it’s G2G, and not to worry about it. I am going to pursue as many avenues as I can. Since this is pretty much the only option I have.

Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Yeah I don't envy you. Looking at it is tolerable, keeping a copy is where I'd balk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, thank you. Like I said before, I would begrudgingly show them my hard copies, every single time I went, if that’s what it takes. I just don’t think copying private documents is appropriate, and I’m sure any lawyer/accountant would be in agreement with me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmedic_ View Post
    Two, all you have to do is hold the paper up to the light, and you can pretty much see exactly what’s been whited-out.
    That's a simple fix. White it out, then make a copy. Or white it out, go over it in black sharpie, and then make a copy...then black sharpie on for copy. You're bringing redacted copies with you to hand over, not redacting them at the range counter.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    That's a simple fix. White it out, then make a copy. Or white it out, go over it in black sharpie, and then make a copy...then black sharpie on for copy. You're bringing redacted copies with you to hand over, not redacting them at the range counter.
    That’s not an option, though. They want the originals, so they can copy them. They said they keep a paper copy and one for the computer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That’s not an option, though. They want the originals, so they can copy them. They said they keep a paper copy and one for the computer.
    Well, if that is what they require then the decision is either: comply with their requirements or don't shoot there. Have you spoken to the owner face-to-face about this?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VALG17 View Post
    Well, if that is what they require then the decision is either: comply with their requirements or don't shoot there. Have you spoken to the owner face-to-face about this?
    I have not, since I haven’t had a chance to go down there yet, but hopefully tomorrow or the next day, but we will see. Hopefully it never has to come to that.

Feedback Score
    Yeah....then I'm out.

My originals don't go anywhere. Good luck with it. I'd still stop by and see what happens. Definitely wouldn't mention I'd called ahead. Just show up fat, dumb and happy and then decide.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have not, since I haven’t had a chance to go down there yet, but hopefully tomorrow or the next day, but we will see. Hopefully it never has to come to that.
    If you are in FL - you can go HOG Hunting 24/7 365 days on private land outside city limits and shoot at hogs with suppressors in any caliber higher than a pellet gun.
    you do NOT need a hunting license either. Just permission from the owner of the private land.

double check regs at fwc.org

If you don't understand why I am telling you this I can't help you

correction - you can hunt hogs with pellet guns

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    If you are in FL - you can go HOG Hunting 24/7 365 days on private land outside city limits and shoot at hogs with suppressors in any caliber higher than a pellet gun.
    you do NOT need a hunting license either. Just permission from the owner of the private land.

double check regs at fwc.org

If you don't understand why I am telling you this I can't help you
    That's the most helpful post in this thread. Go Hog Huntin'!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Thank you for interjecting common sense back into the thread. They could ask for DNA if they wanted, if you think it's important enough to shoot there, then you will provide it. Or not.....

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Yes, you are mistaken. Anyone can request proof. They could also request you show them your 1040s dating back 10 years in order to use THEIR range. They could also request you bring pizza and beer on each visit. You however, do not have to comply, and can take your business elsewhere.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    They simply want to cover their azz in case you decide to go wacko one day and your range time is tracked back to them. I'd show my originals but be prepared to explain why you're only leaving them redacted copies. Provide clear and concise reasoning and you may well get your point across and come out fine. Them havng a redacted copy still covers their butts while also protecting your privacy AND covers their exposure in case someone were to get ahold of your personal and private information Them having that info makes them responsible if someone used it for the wrong reasons and that may be reason enough to begin accepting redacted copies moving forward.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast