Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Good LPK?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Colt LPK
    http://www.gandrtactical.com/Colt-LP...FCG_p_336.html

looks like they are out of stock at the moment, but G&R regularly carries these. If you don't need a FCG then these are the best option, imo. Ive purchased several and they are properly manufactured. I have noticed subtle differences between the various manufacturers of LPKs. All lower parts kits are NOT created equal. The newer BCM LPKs look to be sourced from similar if not the same source so those are good to go as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde777 View Post
    I am looking at getting a new ar15 lower parts kit. Who makes good lower parts kits under 60? I dont need a trigger or grip. I was looking at the geissele but have never heard if geissele LPKs are good. Thanks.
    Many AR producers have little or no manufacturing capacity. As a result they source many of their their parts from several OEM vendors. For example:

For more than four decades, L.W. Schneider, Inc. has earned a solid reputation as one of the most dependable, quality-conscious subcontractors of M16/AR-15 rifle components. In our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in America's heartland, we produce 100% American-made parts for many of the most prestigious companies in the world.

Because your products should carry your reputation and identification, not ours, we intentionally maintain a very low profile within the industry. We really are a well kept secret. To further protect the integrity of the customers we serve, we do not sell direct to retail buyers, dealers or distributors to ensure that we are not in competition with the manufacturers we serve.

and

"Continental Machine & Tool, has been a major producer of component parts for military and consumer AR-15 manufacturers since the Vietnam War. It's highly unlikely that anyone who has fired any U.S.-label AR-15 rifle in the last 30 years was using a gun that did not contain CMT-made parts. For the last dozen years, in fact, it has manufactured about 80 percent of all parts for U.S. AR manufacturers––up to 10,000 triggers and hammers a month for AR-15s and M16s "

So there is likely to be a lot of parts commonality among the various producers.

I've used ALG's LPK's - https://algdefense.com/complete-lowe...t-trigger.html (never without FCG)

PSA LPK's - http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-c...rol-group.html

Brownells LPK's - https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...prod85959.aspx (actually used a couple of these to build my parts supply)

I generally end up putting a different bolt catch, ambi mag release, and an ambi-safety on, but can not say I've had problems with any of the LPK's I've purchased from those vendors.

Feedback Score
    I have an fn15 gen 1 lower that has the fn lpk but have heard they arent as good as others so that why I wanted to switch out the lpk.

Feedback Score
    You should have no problem selling the FN.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    The Sionics LPK is good to go. The last one I got came packaged nicely, sorted by component group. Nice parts, including their NP3'ed (or whatever) trigger group.

Before I switched to Sionics I was buying colt parts "a la carte" from Specialized Armament, since I couldn't find a Colt LPK in stock at the time.
    Last edited by MisterHelix; 11-17-17 at 17:05.

Feedback Score
    Who makes the Colt parts kits? There are so many companies that make the mis spec bolts and upper and lower forging etc so is there a difference in the quality of the parts other than imported from a lo end mfg.?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde777 View Post
    Where can you get that colt lpk? The only one I have found was a complete lpk for 140
    G&R I believe has them
    Steve

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    White Oak Armament is also an option.
    https://www.whiteoakarmament.com/sho...parts-kit.html

I have a Sionics LPK in a Seekins lower with several thousand rounds fired (has a Geissele trigger) without issue. Carbine class, hunting, hot, Texas "cold". No problem.

Of all the parts kits I have used (Colt, BCM, SOLGW, White Oak and CMMG) only the CMMG parts had an issue (badly cast bolt release). Granted, none of mine have exceeded 20k rounds yet or been in any seriously hard use, so I can't speak to that sort of robustness.
    Last edited by nightchief; 11-18-17 at 16:34.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I dont actually like anderson lowers but havent had a problem yet. Thought I did on the last one because my take down pins were tight as hell. Hammer in punch out tight. Adam arms lpk. Just sold a colt lower and thought ahh what the hell and pulled the pins, they work perfect like they should. Never had problems with bcm or alg either
    Steve

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I have used Colt, Sionics, CMMG, and DPMS on previous builds. Based on that experience I highly recommend Sionics, and Colt.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast