Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PSA won’t honor their warranty head up guys

Feedback Score
    I wonder if that upper is within their specs.
    I would not accept that. If it’s sold as “milspec” it isn’t, and he should dispute with CC company if they refuse to fix it.
    At least send him a stripped upper.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Not speaking of PSA specifically, but I've always considered it a slippery slope to compete in prices, something has to give, and that something usually is the more expensive part of the operation. Good customer service has the outward appearance of being expensive, and indeed, it is costly, but that's only the shortsighted point of view.

If a company doesn't take care of its customers, one day there might not be any customers to take care of. Folks spend their hard earned money on a product, and place their trust in the company to stand behind it, that's not unreasonable expectation. For a long time now, I've seen folks so appreciative and thankful for having been provided what we consider service they're entitled to, it's no shocking revelation many of us have been let down often enough, that we don't expect much.

One time, a customer wanted to see what we would do about an LDFA. His brother had held down the forward assist's plunger while firing a round (why would anyone do that didn't need to be asked at that point lol), and sheared the pawl of the FA. We replaced it and sent a new one to him on our dime. I think we would have been justified in refusing to warranty it, it is a question of how much the replacement cost vs. a happy customer. We choose a happy customer, without exception.

Bean counters have problems seeing that good customer service pays in ways that don't show up on their spread sheets.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    So OP is reposting stuff from a Facebook page? That he was not directly involved in?

I'm no PSA lover, don't have any of their gear. And I'd be pissed if I had that upper.

But I don't, and neither does OP.

In fact, we don't have any way to know who the mfg is, or what happened.

So despised or not, I personally don't think hearsay calling out vendors based on pics posted in another site and no firsthand involvement is appropriate nor per site guidelines. Much less the subsequent pile on.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    So OP is reposting stuff from a Facebook page? That he was not directly involved in?

I'm no PSA lover, don't have any of their gear. And I'd be pissed if I had that upper.

But I don't, and neither does OP.

In fact, we don't have any way to know who the mfg is, or what happened.

So despised or not, I personally don't think hearsay calling out vendors based on pics posted in another site and no firsthand involvement is appropriate nor per site guidelines. Much less the subsequent pile on.
    Yeah, struggling with this one.

It'd be really nice if the vendor helped out the owner of that gun, but by the language of the warranty posted he doesn't appear to be entitled to anything. The thread title also seems factually incorrect. Disassembly of product to install an optional accessory is indeed modification.

A BCM blem upper at $59.95 would be a great solution to this problem.
    https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-...-m4%20demo.htm
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    This thread title is misleading, owner voided the warranty when he disassembled the upper. I agree that is a POS upper and should never have been used and will make a nice paperweight but even the good companies will void their warranties once you start wrenching on a factory assembled upper. Sometimes they will cover things for public relations purposes but to expect PSA to do so on what I suspect is a PTAC is IMO wildly optimistic.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    OP's buddy should just write off the cost of a new upper receiver as tuition in the school of life. I paid $35 "tuition" to fix my overgassed PSA/FN barrel, and I hope I learned my "never again" lesson.

Andy

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I've never owned thier stuff but have used a lot of thier parts for cheap friends. I always give the caveat, I'll put it together but you need to be aware that if something doesn't work it's betweeen you and them, I'm out. With that said I've had one problem out of maybe 10 or so, the old magazine not dropping and having to be man crushed to insert. I told him to buy a stripped lower and I'd do the work but he never did. For shooting rocks twice a year it works for him. It puzzles me that a person thinks they're getting top of the line quality for an AR that's the price of a Glock 19. In my world we call that a false economy.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    What was amazing for me that changing a rail doesn’t change the fact the upper is so far out of wack, you would think they would make it right. I also think it is nuts they would consider changing the rail out as a void of warranty as if he was grinding on it.

They are a builders website, not like you buy a complete 2k rifle from them exactly ready to go. Everyone has said take it the next level up, the upper shouldn’t have ever been sold, no matter if he found it when he it took it apart. Product isn’t as advertised.

People can read it for themselves if they like.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1094...52036988210606
    Last edited by zack991; 11-18-17 at 12:03.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'd be really careful about how much of my time I spent trying to squeeze juice out of them for a $49 lower. Buy a quality lower from a reputable MFG and move on. Your time and frustration is worth something too.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    I'd be really careful about how much of my time I spent trying to squeeze juice out of them for a $49 lower. Buy a quality lower from a reputable MFG and move on. Your time and frustration is worth something too.
    I agree. And never go back
    Steve

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast