Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: PSA won’t honor their warranty head up guys

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zebra20zebra20 View Post
    Darn right I praise them. I own 3 of their rifles and have put thousands of rounds through them with ZERO issues. And after thousands of rounds they are as accurate as the day I bought them. Reading post likes yours you would think they blow up in the face of a shooter! Take your prejudices and park them elsewhere.
    I know you didnt just tell him to shove somethin somewhere !
    I talked my nephew into buying a complete upper from them, and I have 3 bcm's and a colt. I could tell the difference blind folded. I'm still sorry but its all he could afford. Should have just bought a good barrel or upper and bcg, and went from there
    Steve

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Buying cheap and poorly made product in the name of saving money does just the opposite. When the customer realizes the mistake, he won't make the same mistake, and will buy a properly made and most likely more expensive item to replace the cheap product, and spends more money in the entire process.

So if one can't afford what he wants, it would have better to just wait and save for it, and do it once, it saves him more money this way.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Darn right I praise them. I own 3 of their rifles and have put thousands of rounds through them with ZERO issues. And after thousands of rounds they are as accurate as the day I bought them. Reading post likes yours you would think they blow up in the face of a shooter! Take your prejudices and park them elsewhere.
    Did you intend to use your outside voice?

I don't know you and you don't know me, so take this for what it is worth....

This is a forum. Someone owns it. Some would have you believe it is out of an altruistic desire to serve the AR community. I think otherwise, but that is just me.

Look at the top of the page. Do you see a PSA banner? Nope, but you see other manufacturers and businesses represented. To me it would be normal to expect a bias toward the businesses who pay their ad dollars to support the site, even if, as has been stated, that bias is not required of the moderators.

Think about it, if I'm an employee/owner of an AR assembly operation which manufactured under 200 rifles in 2015 (according to ATF records) the market I am aiming at serving is different than the market of an operation that produced 12,000 rifles in 2015.

Is it reasonable to expect the first guy to say, 'Well, yeah, PSA's are going to be adequate for most users?' No way. It's business. You either keep your mouth shut, which is what most of the industry professionals do in such discussions, or you try to convince the consumer that 'girls will shun you and you will die if you don't use my product.'

Perfectly normal.

Keep that in mind and you can have fun and learn something by perusing this little slice of heaven.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Consistency is the name of the game. It is true that established and well respected manufacturers can and have produced lemons now and then, they're quite consistently putting out superb products sans any issues. The companies that produce more lemons are also similarly capable of putting out good units now and then, it's a roll of the dice, you're far more likely to get good and working products from reputable companies than ones known for low prices and spotty products and services.

Sampling rate matters. I've found that companies often deserve the reputation they have. When folks consistently praise the products and services of a company, there are good reasons for it. A good reputation takes a long time to build, it's far quicker to have a bad one built for you.
    Last edited by Duffy; 11-20-17 at 11:24.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenravenscroft View Post
    I know you didnt just tell him to shove somethin somewhere !
    I talked my nephew into buying a complete upper from them, and I have 3 bcm's and a colt. I could tell the difference blind folded. I'm still sorry but its all he could afford. Should have just bought a good barrel or upper and bcg, and went from there
    One of the many sweet things about ARs is if you don't have a bunch on money to spend you can still get a top quality weapon IF you are patient, right now you can a Colt complete lower for $250, buy it sit on it, when finances permit get a BCG say about $170, go back to being patient. Find the upper you want, when you can afford pick it up, boom = great gun. It makes zero sense to me to piss good money away on instant gratification plus if you're so broke you can't buy a decent weapon how are you going to feed the crappy one?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    I am still wandering about one thing. Was this a PTAC upper assembly or a PSA upper assembly? There is a difference as the PTAC assemblies are built off-site by PTAC who is a subsidiary of PSA as of a few years ago. These are the bottom of the barrel assemblies in my opinion. They are entirely hit and miss. Regardless of who's assembly it is, the owner did modify the assembly from its original configuration when he disassembled it. That said, it would be good customer service and good PR is PSA kindly replaced the upper receiver even though they should not have to. That is my take on this subject.
    The defect was not a result of disassembly. It was a manufacturing defect. They should have to and should be happy to do so as it is their defect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostly View Post
    The defect was not a result of disassembly. It was a manufacturing defect. They should have to and should be happy to do so as it is their defect.

The way that thing is offset, machined to one side, whatever the case kind of reminds me of core shift in a block. From my motor building days. I would honestly be concerned for a persons saftey firering something like that. I wouldn't. Good thing he did take it apart.
    Steve

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenravenscroft View Post
    The way that thing is offset, machined to one side, whatever the case kind of reminds me of core shift in a block. From my motor building days. I would honestly be concerned for a persons saftey firering something like that. I wouldn't. Good thing he did take it apart.
    I agree the upper was modified but the damn machining was not effected by the disassembly. They're being foolish not standing behind their products. I've had an issue with an LMT lower and a Colt lower. Both issues were quickly addressed by very helpful staff members. A good company does that.

"Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Listen FNG, Sticks not only been on this site a longtime, he's been in this industry a longtime. You might want to watch you tone Mr. 6 posts!

NYH1

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    And no one gives a flip what you think. You're a FNG with ZERO credibility. Stick is the exact opposite, with more experience and expertise than you could ever hope to acquire. So cool your jets PSA fanboy.

To others who haven't stuck their foot in their mouth, I've personally run into a wildly out of spec PSA upper when building a 6.8 rifle for my cousin. Funny, they replaced it no questions asked and didn't even want the defective upper back. So I have no odea why they wouldn't replace one just because it was disassembled? FWIW, disassembling an AR upper is NOT a modification in any way, shape or form. The upper in question has an obvious manufacturing defect, which is what the warranty is supposed to cover. PSA is going to regret making a stand on this POS upper.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast