Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Patrol Shotgun Needed

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The best answer......

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Buy any "cheap" 870, send it to Hans Vang, Vang Comp. I did and love it, don't regret it. Hans people will set it up right

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    The best answer......
    While I totally agree that the M4 is the best combat shotgun ever, the OP did say it HAD to be an 870.

Good lord your M4 is sexy though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    While I totally agree that the M4 is the best combat shotgun ever, the OP did say it HAD to be an 870.

Good lord your M4 is sexy though.
    I've had friends that have had feeding issues with the m4. Never used one myself, but as of now if I wanted to go into combat with a shotty it would be a pump.

I hear mixed things on VC work, namely the porting. I'm interested though.

I bought a new Remington 870 Hardwood Home Defense with the extension (first shotgun ever, well technically I bought two at the same time -Mossy 590A1 too). I hated with a passion the fact there was a QR code engraved on the receiver. I hate it, hate it, hate it. Plus, I don't really trust it anymore after reading about Remington QC issues. Idk what parts to swap, but I will probably throw in 870P parts.

Feedback Score
    Sir, you need an M4 benelli, you can never go wrong with one of these.

m4 3.jpgm4 3.jpg

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shotmeshotu View Post
    Sir, you need an M4 benelli, you can never go wrong with one of these.

m4 3.jpgm4 3.jpg
    Except he said it had to be an 870 in the original post. It's entirely possible he's an LEO restricted by agency policy, or the type of vehicle rack.

Personally, I'd recommend a B-1B carrying JDAM's if the sky is the limit.

But the man said 870.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Except he said it had to be an 870 in the original post. It's entirely possible he's an LEO restricted by agency policy, or the type of vehicle rack.

Personally, I'd recommend a B-1B carrying JDAM's if the sky is the limit.

But the man said 870.
    I know the shotgun you're talking about. USA Today had a breaking report on the shotgun "JDAM" upgrade. Scary stuff.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkstr8 View Post
    I've had friends that have had feeding issues with the m4. Never used one myself, but as of now if I wanted to go into combat with a shotty it would be a pump.

I hear mixed things on VC work, namely the porting. I'm interested though.

I bought a new Remington 870 Hardwood Home Defense with the extension (first shotgun ever, well technically I bought two at the same time -Mossy 590A1 too). I hated with a passion the fact there was a QR code engraved on the receiver. I hate it, hate it, hate it. Plus, I don't really trust it anymore after reading about Remington QC issues. Idk what parts to swap, but I will probably throw in 870P parts.
    This isn't an M4 thread but... my Benelli M4 has been dead nuts reliable with full power ammo since 2012. People who get jams are using target loads, plain and simple. The Marine Corps chose the Benelli M1014 to be their Combat Shotgun.....

I just traded off my 870P for an O/U. It was pointless since I own my Benelli.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    This isn't an M4 thread but... my Benelli M4 has been dead nuts reliable with full power ammo since 2012. People who get jams are using target loads, plain and simple. The Marine Corps chose the Benelli M1014 to be their Combat Shotgun.....

I just traded off my 870P for an O/U. It was pointless since I own my Benelli.
    Ahhh, but you see my whole family is Army lol. Mossberg for dayyyyssss.

However, I see your point.

OP, I did a bunch of reading tonight and asked a couple old cops their thoughts and the general consensus is to pick up a used, but nice 870P and pump it up from there.

Feedback Score
    I'll just be getting an 870P and calling it good for now. I'll save up for my SBR and get chummy with the firearms guys in case an earlier spot opens up in a rifle class. I'll try to buy my way in with tacos. I appreciate y'alls input, hopefully they'll get semis approved one day.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast