Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FN 15 Patrol SBR 10.5"

Feedback Score

FN 15 Patrol SBR 10.5"

I'm looking at getting an SBR for work. LE pricing on this thing is excellent and being a factory SBR makes admin types happy. Does anyone have any positive or negative experience with this rifle that would aid in making my decision? If anyone has another suggestion I'm all ears, unless you're going to tell me to spend $3k. Does anyone happen to know the gas port size? Folks are working on getting silencers approved for duty, so that could be in this rifle's future, but it's not a driving factor in my decision as I can always change a barrel when that happens.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’ve always heard they’re G2G and mentioned along with all the other big dogs in the game. I’ve been curious about getting one myself, especially with LE pricing. I don’t think you could go wrong, and while you hear them mentioned with the aforementioned big dogs, I don’t see many people running FN rifles, so I find the prospect of owning one would be pretty neat/unique in a way. Unfortunately, I don’t know what the gas port size is. Give em’ a call and ask.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Last edited by MQ105; 11-18-17 at 19:26.

Feedback Score
    After reading over my post again, I guess I should've asked if anyone has negative experience. I have faith that FN knows a thing or two about firearms and that the rifle is good to go, and the price is too good to pass up. MQ105, is there something that the Sionics rifle will do considerably better than the FN? Or do you know of the FNs not performing as they should?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The FN is gtg. After tens of thousands of rounds I prefer the 11.5 over 10.5, and a free floated rail. In my experience, the 11.5 also has a wider range of operation (ammo, suppressed and non-s, temperature extremes, dirty/dry) than the 10.5. Having said that, there are a lot of 10.5s working just fine.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DCASTLE View Post
    After reading over my post again, I guess I should've asked if anyone has negative experience. I have faith that FN knows a thing or two about firearms and that the rifle is good to go, and the price is too good to pass up. MQ105, is there something that the Sionics rifle will do considerably better than the FN? Or do you know of the FNs not performing as they should?

The FN rifles are not made on the same factory floor as real FN USGI guns.

I would also never buy a 10"-11.5" barrel without knowing the gas port before purchasing. I have a suspicion the FN is built for hobbiest grade users and has a large gas port to cycle shit grade commercial consumer ammo.

I would get a KAC 11.5" rifle instead with a KAC MAMS silencer. This would be a turn key package that is set up correctly. Or get a DD 10.3" upper with a military dimension gas port and a surefire RC silencer. You could also get a Colt 10.3" or 11.5" monolith SBR.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DCASTLE View Post
    I'm all ears, unless you're going to tell me to spend $3k.

You have to spend $3k. Get this idea into your head because spending less is going to get you a setup that doesn't work.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Scott is basically correct. The only option I would add would be a Colt 6933(great guns), add a KAC rail and a MAMS. KAC Lo-pro gas block. Have two set up like this and is fantastic. Multiple members on here run/love the 6933 platform.

If you have the coin right away, buy a KAC SBR, add MAMS, and call it good. A KAC SBR is on my list of must have's, even with several SBR's already. The KAC with a MAMS and a KAC QDC suppressor is the $h-t. Run same setup but with the 6933's. The full size QDC can adds minimal length and has better reduction than the QDC/CQB cans. I''l take the length and reduction over size since the diff.(to me) is negligible.
    Last edited by 6933; 11-22-17 at 10:55. Reason: gas block

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Don't listen to anyone telling you that you have to spend $3K to get something that will work. That's just vanity talking.

I have a factory 6933 upper on my M16 lower and the only thing I've done to it is swap the handguards out for a DD Omega rail. It runs without a hitch.

Arms Unlimited has them in stock for $1,099 with free shipping.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    The FN rifles are not made on the same factory floor as real FN USGI guns.

I would also never buy a 10"-11.5" barrel without knowing the gas port before purchasing. I have a suspicion the FN is built for hobbiest grade users and has a large gas port to cycle shit grade commercial consumer ammo.
    I bet you're correct. I have a 10.5 FN barrel, and it came with a rich running port. I think it was near that dreaded .080". Ran fine without a can, but I ported it down to around .070 with an insertable port.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast