Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: FN 15 Patrol SBR 10.5"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DCASTLE View Post
    Things are getting exciting here. The can thing is way out. That won’t be approved for duty for years I’m sure. By then I would hope to have a nice collection. I got to shoot an SR15 Mod 2 CQB and I want one. Eventually. The 6933 was my other thought, but I kept seeing them around $1200. The huge gas port would be a turn off. No need for the rifle to beat itself up unnecessarily. Almost sounds like I just need to Form 1 my Colt and piece something together.
    I had this problem at my department. I wanted to use a 10.5 inch Noveske CQB with an AAC can. There was nothing in the SOP (I know because I wrote it, which made the range dummies jump, but that is another story) about barrel length or suppressors. It just says that you have to qualify with any accessory added. I added to the argument that 1. an SBR is easier to get into and out of a patrol car, which is a safety issue, 2. it is easier to use inside a building, 3.it is harder for a perp to grab, since it is so short and a suppressor can tighten up the groups fired, save other officers' and my ears and makes it harder for the bad guy to see/hear where I am, which reduces my chance of being injured and increases his chances of getting hit, resolving the incident as fast as possible. I didn't get much argument and my rig was approved. Just some thoughts on how you might can get your equipment through the bureaucratic morass.

Feedback Score
    Can anyone confirm for sure that FN's Patrol SBR has a chrome lined barrel? The part number is 36417. I'd assume so, but you know what happens when you do that. I can't find anything about it on FN's website. Bereli has them in stock, but their description is for a 16" rifle.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234