Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noveske lowers: Gen 2 vs. current Gen 3

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Question Noveske lowers: Gen 2 vs. current Gen 3

I have a Gen 2 lower is new enough to accept Pmags (First run could not accept Pmags). Gen 2 lowers were forged.
    Some people say the Gen 2's are better because they are stronger than the Gen 3's which are machined from a billet.
    The Gen 2's are a bit tight to get the takedown pin out.
    Do you like the Gen 2's better then the Gen 3's?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Gen III's look better if your using the billet upper as well, if the upper isn't billet I prefer the Gen I to avoid all the mag well hassles people ran into.

And the Gen I are easier to find around here.
    DDM4V11 PRO, SSA-E, Vortex viper 6.5x20-44mm
    BCM 16 KMR-A, SSA, EO Tech EXPS 3-0, G-33 magnifier
    S&W M&P Sport II, BCM PNT, Aimpoint PRO
    BCM 9" 300 BLK upper/KAC lower/DD BCG/ BCM PNT/ Aimpoint T1
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm
    16" BCA .223 Wylde "budget rifle", SPARC AR
    Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hdrolling View Post
    The Gen III's look better if your using the billet upper as well, if the upper isn't billet I prefer the Gen I to avoid all the mag well hassles people ran into.

And the Gen I are easier to find around here.
    The Gen 2's I have do not have the mag well issue because they were made after the fix.

I will be using a Gen 3 UPPER on my Gen 2 lower.

I'm thinking I can get away with it.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    It really doesn't matter.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I have both an older Gen 2 and newer which accepts the M3 PMags with the over insertion tab. The older one was turned into an SBR and then I grinded it to accept the PMags. That was fun.

Some folks like the Gen 2s but you don't see many people complaining about breaking billet lowers.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Armadillo View Post
    I have a Gen 2 lower is new enough to accept Pmags (First run could not accept Pmags). Gen 2 lowers were forged.
    Some people say the Gen 2's are better because they are stronger than the Gen 3's which are machined from a billet.
    The Gen 2's are a bit tight to get the takedown pin out.
    Do you like the Gen 2's better then the Gen 3's?
    It wasn't all PMags. I have a Gen 2 and a Gen 3 Noveske Lower. The problem was with some of the Gen 2 lowers not accepting Gen 3 PMags.

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    Gen3 upper (w/BCM rail) on gen2 lower. Looks good, shoots good, gen3 pmags drop fine. The finish difference looks less in person. Dim light outside so I had to enhance the pic. I’m in the minority preferring even the looks of forged lowers.

Edit: I see I forgot something up front.

Last edited by uffdaphil; 11-18-17 at 16:14.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I've used both Gen II and Gen III without issue. I believe the current Gen IIIs are manufactured by Mega, where the Gen II and early Gen IIIs were produced by SMOS. I don't really have a preference. If anything I find the SMOS manufactured receivers had a tighter fit, but the ones manufactured by Mega are still good to go.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    I've used both Gen II and Gen III without issue. I believe the current Gen IIIs are manufactured by Mega, where the Gen II and early Gen IIIs were produced by SMOS. I don't really have a preference. If anything I find the SMOS manufactured receivers had a tighter fit, but the ones manufactured by Mega are still good to go.
    This. SMOS uppers and lowers are tighter than hell! Great stuff! I use VLTOR MUR uppers, SMOS, Noveske Gen 3 upper on my Gen 3 noveske lower. I did discover that a surefire 60 round mag would not fit in my gen 3.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I just ordered a Gen 1 rogue hunter 300blk. Gen 3’s are just too crazy priced imo.

As far as I know they just sell gen 1’s and 3’s now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast