Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Portable CPAP for field use?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Portable CPAP for field use?

Hopefully I’m posting this in the correct sub forum, if not I️ apologize. A few years ago I️ was diagnosed with sleep apnea. My doctor said I️ could likely cure my problem with a combination of weight loss, diet and exercise but we both agreed that probably wasn’t the best fit for my life style. He got me a prescription for a CPAP as well as some Ambien. Anyhow, I’ve found the CPAP is limiting my lifestyle and making it difficult to prepare for SHTF as the CPAP unit is not particularly portable. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good “tactical” CPAP unit. I’m looking for something small and battery powered that can preferably be fit into an Eagle Industries 72 hr pack. It doesn’t have to have all the fractures of my home unit but I’d like for it to be as good as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hey brother,

I use this
    http://www.thecpapshop.com/resmed-ai...l-cpap-machine

It fits well in my Kifaru pack. It isnt quite sustainment gear but good for 72 hours. I also have a modifed 2 liter MALICE Canteen cover to store in next to my IFAK.

Hope this helps

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Portable CPAP for field use?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Hey brother,

I use this

It fits well in my Kifaru pack. It isnt quite sustainment gear but good for 72 hours. I also have a modifed 2 liter MALICE Canteen cover to store in next to my IFAK.

Hope this helps
    Wow that looks great, I’ve actually never seen one this small before. That actually looks small enough I may be able to fit it in an HSGI canteen taco pouch and keep the whole system on my battle belt.

Last edited by Mr. Goodtimes; 11-18-17 at 23:12.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I know. Its almost $900 but worth it for versatility and field use if you are on an extended outing. Maximum comfort with minimum effort.

I managed a good fit. Maybe a buttpack if you still use an LBE.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Hey brother,

I use this

Hope this helps
    A little bit of krylon and some stencils you’d be all set Fire.

Feedback Score
    Yeah they make 'em pretty small nowadays.

If the SHTF meds are another concern. I have high blood pressure and without my Lisinopril/HCTZ each morning it'd be a matter of time before I stroked out! I work out regularly, cardio and weights, so it's not like I'm out of shape. Just one of those intrinsic things peculiar to me. Yep, gotta take meds into consideration for a survival scenario.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    My doctor said I️ could likely cure my problem with a combination of weight loss, diet and exercise but we both agreed that probably wasn’t the best fit for my life style.
    What part of your lifestyle makes weight loss not the best fit? In all seriousness, are you a sumo wrestler?
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    Op. Have you tried not drinking beer, soda pop, eating in moderation, less fried food, more lean meat, and less premade foods.

Its working for me and i still eat what i want, just less.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    OP, I'm running my mask on the front of my PC, and the tube is routed through MOLLE to a Wilcox Patriot carrier on the back of my PC. My doc was able to help me find a flat black mask for SHTF.

Also, just an FYI, we've been stacking these deep.

Like you, my Doctor told me that since I had the money for a belly band and a CPAP, lifestyle changes were not necessary.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel87 View Post
    Op. Have you tried not drinking beer, soda pop, eating in moderation, less fried food, more lean meat, and less premade foods.

Its working for me and i still eat what i want, just less.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    My doctor and I️ discussed this but we both agreed it wouldn’t fit my life style. We went over meal prep and what “clean” foods to eat etc... but to be honest, aside from cutting into my range time and posting pictures of my gear in the pic thread and on IG, “clean food” sounds bland as ****. Plus, idk what it is but there’s nothing like slamming a delicious Mountain Dew before hitting the plates. And by plates I️ mean the range plates, I️ ain’t working out either lol. Tried it and I was sore for days and tbh, once again, no time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast