Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atomic Blond Review

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Atomic Blond Review

Warning: Trailer is possible NSFW

I was not sure what to expect with this movie and what I saw was better than I expected. Charlize Theron does such a great job with the action scenes you can (almost) believe she could take out five armed men on her own, and the action sequences and overall visuals reminded me a bit of John Wick, the one that didn't suck. The plot is simple, but the back drop of Cold War Berlin, solid acting, excellent direction, etc, makes this a winner if you enjoy the genre. There's excessive drinking, smoking, cursing, dark humor, solid - albeit pushing the boundaries of realism to its absolute limit - fight scenes, great soundtrack, and a lesbian love scene. What's not to like? A-/B+

Last edited by WillBrink; 11-19-17 at 10:00.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I just rented this the other night. I liked it and found it kind of compelling. The fights were particularly well-choreographed and actually pretty believable, unlike John Wick 1-2 which was pretty cartoonish and overall kind of ridiculous. Likewise the plot of AB vs JW 1 and 2. The ending of Atomic Blonde was a little cliche, but not distractingly so. I thought Charlize Theron really did a fantastic job in that role. The fights made the character particularly badass, but I was impressed that to just have filmed them would make Theron herself pretty badass. The photography was stylish. The smoking was unusual, but not for the period. The dialogue was appropriate. The lesbian story component was appropriate to the character. The nudity was reasonable and not particularly gratuitous. It was well done. I'm with Will ... A-/B+

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    I just rented this the other night. I liked it and found it kind of compelling. The fights were particularly well-choreographed and actually pretty believable, unlike John Wick 1-2 which was pretty cartoonish and overall kind of ridiculous. Likewise the plot of AB vs JW 1 and 2. The ending of Atomic Blonde was a little cliche, but not distractingly so. I thought Charlize Theron really did a fantastic job in that role. The fights made the character particularly badass, but I was impressed that to just have filmed them would make Theron herself pretty badass. The photography was stylish. The smoking was unusual, but not for the period. The dialogue was appropriate. The lesbian story component was appropriate to the character. The nudity was reasonable and not particularly gratuitous. It was well done. I'm with Will ... A-/B+
    I have no doubts at all she took some legit bumps and bruises during some of those scenes. In some, they don't cut away as she goes flying down a staircase and such. You always see, choreographed fight scene, cut, stunt person, back to scene. That didn't happen in various scenes and it's one continuous shot. Several times I was like "damn, that's actually her getting thrown on her ass" and so forth. Personally, I can't imagine what it would take to make a scene between those to gals gratuitous, but that's me.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 11-19-17 at 09:47.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    my thoughts on AB are quite well known. CZ75 gunplay and French chick.

It genuinely entertained me and it had Walt Sobchak

Feedback Score
    also great music for us older folks that grew up in that era

fun flick

Feedback Score
    Saw it this weekend. Good flick. Great soundtrack. For being a tall beanpole, CT did a good job of pulling off the fight scenes. It looks like the writers did their homework for the most part.

That whole time period was a cool time in my life. The music and the news reports brought back some cool memories.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Echoing what others have said, it's a pretty solid female-driven Bourne movie (it's way better than any of the Bourne sequels, IMO). Love the period setting, but I wish Goodman had a little more screen time.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I have no doubts at all she took some legit bumps and bruises during some of those scenes.
    CT talks about it in this vid:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3b6XGrvlEo

Stunt breakdown:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rRo2Hi5Cxg

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Good flick, well done fight scenes.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    I saw it last night on iTunes and enjoyed it. One of the better movies made from a graphic novel that have come out. The music choices were fantastic.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast