Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking about Optics with My SBR AR

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VALG17 View Post
    What in the world are you talking about? Nowhere have I lied about what I own. Why all the hate and hostility? Bad coffee? Bad hair day? LOL. I joined recently and indicated I wanted to get myself an AR that is as close to a Mil Spec M4 Carbine as possible. I nowhere said I owned no other gear. Weird, weird stuff from some apparently really wound up tightly folks. I appreciate the positives and will ignore the negatives. And, have a nice day.
    I️ demand date stamped spoon pictures of your BCM SBR and can. Even though we don’t have negs ok this board. Spoon pics or negs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Vag,

You actually have solid people who would be willing to help you with a sensible rifle setup. The point of contention here is that your timeline is dubious. For your "first AR" you claim to have a lot of stuff that, in the US, requires some tax forms and a healthy wait period.

Thats where you are getting dinged. If you said "I would LIKE XYZ, would this set up seem sensible?" then people might be less caustic.

Can a rifle be "too heavy" maybe. But a DI SBR with a can and an RDS w Magnifier would not make it unbearably so.

Esp. if it is just something that will sit up at the house or will be used at the range.

You aren't, i do not believe, raiding Haji bunkers or crack houses so I dont see where this "weight consideration" is such a big deal.

If your rifle makes your arms tired just sit down, take a break, sip some water, eat a banana, stretch, and rest before you resume shooting.

Hope this helps.

You only get one chance to retain credibility.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Where did I ever post that my now completed Colt M4 Carbine was my first AR? Show me. I'm asking a simple question about my OTHER AR ... a BCM SBR AR about which I've been weighing pros/cons of my optic set up. I didn't join the forum until now and didn't expect all the stupid drama, but ... then again ...

Last edited by VALG17; 11-19-17 at 15:43.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Long time reader of this forum, finally joined, and first post. But...thank you! I've been studying up on AR platforms and wanted to get something as close as possible to a Colt M4 and so today took the plunge on this lower deal from Brownells, got it $20 off and free shipping, plus the 4% cash back from Active Junkie, then hopped on. Gunbroker and got the upper mentioned in this thread. Now I just have decide on a handguard and I'm all set with a genuine Colt AR! Many thanks.
    Those are your words.

Your credibility is gone and stupid pictures and YouTube. videos will not bring it back.

Good Luck. You aren't worth my time.
    Wake the f*ck up, Samurai

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12