Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best 1911 Forum?

Feedback Score

Best 1911 Forum?

Hey guys,

What's the best 1911 forum to join? I'm on the noob side of the 1911.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Not sure if the best but www.1911forum.com is pretty good

Feedback Score
    Best is completely subjective, but I'll go with the 1911forum, too.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Try "1911 Addicts Forum".

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyO View Post
    Best is completely subjective, but I'll go with the 1911forum, too.
    I'm a member there, and as you can't sell whole firearms there (pieces yes, serialized frames/receivers, no), it tends to draw actual shooters, as opposed to tire kickers. I've only owned 1911's for 27 years now, and I'm still learning things there.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Concur with 1911forum. I'm over there also and it's the best I've found for 1911s.

Feedback Score
    Sounds good.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Another vote for the 1911forum also
    Last edited by ejr490; 12-25-17 at 06:41. Reason: Fumbled buttons

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    1911addicts hands down. A lot of professional builders are on there and you really get to peek behind the curtain so to speak on their operations and various builds. Also, it’s 100% unregulated in terms of content and opinion. I have found 1911forum to be very shill like in how the mods operate and close threads that are negative of certain sponsors. But the two biggest drawbacks are not being able to sell firearms (the deals on 1911addicts are insane!) and all content is organized by manufacturer. Meaning a question or conversation about “brand a” is typically started in or moved to the “brand a” sub forum. As you can imagine all info from that point on is tainted or jaded since the fans of “brand a” are the ones anwering and participating. 1911addicts, not so much lol. Not to mention I’ve learned more on the addicts in the past year than several years on 1911 forum.

Merry Christmas!
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 12-25-17 at 07:25.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    1911addicts hands down. A lot of professional builders are on there and you really get to peek behind the curtain so to speak on their operations and various builds. Also, it’s 100% unregulated in terms of content and opinion. I have found 1911forum to be very shill like in how the mods operate and close threads that are negative of certain sponsors. But the two biggest drawbacks are not being able to sell firearms (the deals on 1911addicts are insane!) and all content is organized by manufacturer. Meaning a question or conversation about “brand a” is typically started in or moved to the “brand a” sub forum. As you can imagine all info from that point on is tainted or jaded since the fans of “brand a” are the ones anwering and participating. 1911addicts, not so much lol. Not to mention I’ve learned more on the addicts in the past year than several years on 1911 forum.

Merry Christmas!
    In addition to the above, I have found a mod or two there to have an arrogant, do as I say and not as I do, attitude. Just couldn't deal with it anymore after it being my primary 1911 forum.

1911addicts for me too. Addicts has some very knowledgeable members, many good to go and fun folks and is just a very pleasant forum. Good AR section and members too. A lot like this forum but a bit looser but not in a stupid way. Merry Christmas everyone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast