Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best 1911 Forum?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    1911addicts
    Glock 19 Gen 5
    Colt Combat Commander

Feedback Score
    I also recommend the 1911addicts site! Professional builders and parts suppliers participate to describe their personal projects and share their experiences and perspectives. I too have learned a lot from 1911addicts.
    Last edited by thegreyman; 03-17-18 at 12:35.

Feedback Score
    For reasons already stated, I generally prefer 1911Addicts these days.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Try "1911 Addicts Forum".
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    1911addicts hands down. A lot of professional builders are on there and you really get to peek behind the curtain so to speak on their operations and various builds. Also, it’s 100% unregulated in terms of content and opinion. I have found 1911forum to be very shill like in how the mods operate and close threads that are negative of certain sponsors. But the two biggest drawbacks are not being able to sell firearms (the deals on 1911addicts are insane!) and all content is organized by manufacturer. Meaning a question or conversation about “brand a” is typically started in or moved to the “brand a” sub forum. As you can imagine all info from that point on is tainted or jaded since the fans of “brand a” are the ones anwering and participating. 1911addicts, not so much lol. Not to mention I’ve learned more on the addicts in the past year than several years on 1911 forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    In addition to the above, I have found a mod or two there to have an arrogant, do as I say and not as I do, attitude. Just couldn't deal with it anymore after it being my primary 1911 forum.

1911addicts for me too. Addicts has some very knowledgeable members, many good to go and fun folks and is just a very pleasant forum. Good AR section and members too. A lot like this forum but a bit looser but not in a stupid way. Merry Christmas everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by misfit47 View Post
    Addicts for me as well. I'm on both of them but stick primarily to the addicts board.
    Quote Originally Posted by anachronism View Post
    1911 addicts as well. The "old boy" network at 1911forums is overbearing at times. I specifically requested a Mod to delete my account, and he told me he cannot do that, it has to come from higher up, and that he really has no way to do it. My request for an email address or screen name to contact remains unanswered to this day, a couple of years later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    1911addicts is a much more comfortable atmosphere with lots of great folks. 1911forum is a great place to search but it is extremely cliquish and they have a LOT of rando rules that are enforced with all the subtlety of a public school zero tolerance policy.
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Love 1911addicts.
    Quote Originally Posted by cundiff5535 View Post
    For me its not even close... Addicts wins this one
    Quote Originally Posted by hk_shootr View Post
    1911Addicts.......land of the banned!
    Quote Originally Posted by wordsandsuits View Post
    1911addicts has more rounded population. 1911forum seems more traditional and old school. Rigid almost. I am more active on 1911addicts
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreyman View Post
    I also recommend the 1911addicts site! Professional builders and parts suppliers participate to describe their personal projects and share their experiences and perspectives. I too have learned a lot from 1911addicts.
    Quote Originally Posted by straitR View Post
    For reasons already stated, I generally prefer 1911Addicts these days.
    1911 Addicts for me as well for all the reasons stated above. More than anything it seems like most everyone on 1911 Addicts is willing to help someone no matter how insignificant the question. Add to that the very relaxed atmosphere and it makes it the best 1911 website IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Louder than Words is an excellent site.
    You only get one shot to make a lasting impression. *** Make it a good one!

Feedback Score
    In addition to the above-mentioned sites, m1911.org can be quite good as well.

Best, Jon

Feedback Score
    1911forum

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    1911forum

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    This one is really nice, a mountain of knowledge and very nice people.

Feedback Score
    I've been on 1911forum since 2005 according to my profile and never had any issues. Probably a few years before since I forgot my password and had to create a new account. Never have tried addicts...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123