Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Medical use of Marijuana prohibits possessing firearms & ammo

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Yes, regulation is often excessive or designed by the big guys to keep competition down. Keeping an age limit is contrary to the big guys making more money, so obviously there is some safety or morals at work.

I said regulation should be limited and making for personal use allowed, and pot should be the same if made legal.

Excise taxes were the first taxes raised by a bunch of guys that just got done fighting a war over taxes. I live in a State with no sales tax, and I can't think of a bigger intrusion that you accept than the State getting to dig in your pocket every time you buy something.
    Unfortunately as long as we want a government there will be some form of taxation. This is unavoidable. You may not pay sales tax, but that money is undoubtedly recouped elsewhere.

Paying sales tax is hardly equivalent to being told what you're allowed to consume and what you can and cannot do on your private property.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Yes, regulation is often excessive or designed by the big guys to keep competition down. Keeping an age limit is contrary to the big guys making more money, so obviously there is some safety or morals at work.

I said regulation should be limited and making for personal use allowed, and pot should be the same if made legal.

Excise taxes were the first taxes raised by a bunch of guys that just got done fighting a war over taxes. I live in a State with no sales tax, and I can't think of a bigger intrusion that you accept than the State getting to dig in your pocket every time you buy something.
    I think property tax is a far bigger evil than sales tax. The government gets to arbitrarily decide how much my personal property is worth and then decides how much they are going to tax me on it. If I don't pay they take away my home, my damn castle. I get to pay RENT on the house I supposedly own. At least with sales tax I get to decide how much I am going to spend and have a choice in the matter.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I think property tax is a far bigger evil than sales tax. The government gets to arbitrarily decide how much my personal property is worth and then decides how much they are going to tax me on it. If I don't pay they take away my home, my damn castle. I get to pay RENT on the house I supposedly own. At least with sales tax I get to decide how much I am going to spend and have a choice in the matter.
    And that's the rub...

With a sales tax system, you're only taxed when you spend. You can be independent of much of those taxes if you choose (not saying it's easy, saying that it's possible). With property taxes, you're taxed simply for living. You don't need to own. Renters are generally paying their landlords taxes for them.
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718