Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Medical use of Marijuana prohibits possessing firearms & ammo

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Says it right on Form 4473, federal law does not recognize medical marijuana.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What is so hard to understand:

Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
    Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.

Technically, alcohol is a depressant. So, TECHNICALLY, if you are an alcoholic, you are addicted to a depressant.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That would be CBD oil...my daughter is on it for her seizures. It is legal in all 50 states, has no THC (non-narcotic) & I 'think' is also used for pain & other symptoms??

Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I believe there are marijuana based drugs that treat things, but don't get you "high" now.
    If it might work for you, you might want to look into it.
    I have a friend who is a truck driver who was telling me about it. He suffers from pain due to issues after suffering a near fatal neck injury.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yes, that would be it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Hence why I do not think it would stand up in court for someone with a Physician prescription. Otherwise any person with a narcotic prescription would be prohibited. I know the FDA/Randall people are NOT unlawful users.

With that said, is it prescribable? Not a stoner nor do I live in a stoner state to know.

eta

OK quick call to family member who is doctor and she said if a dr. prescribed it, DEA would yank their license, so it looks like outside of the FDA/Randall program, there are no lawful users.
    I think the issue is that MJ is illegal on the federal level.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    It's funny medicinal marijuana was brought up. A few months back I had to have another MRI and a nerve conductor test done. After the nerve conductor test the neurologist go's over the results with me and tells me the test shows it's considerable worst then the test I had a few years ago. No surprise there.

Then she asks me if anyone every mentioned anything about medicinal marijuana to me. I kind of snickered and said no. She then said, your type of insurance doesn't cover it. It'd be cheaper for you to buy it on the street then buy it if we prescribed it....which would be no big deal, it's almost legal at this point. My son (16) was with me we looked at each other and were speechless.

We get in the truck and I told my son, you realize she's a neurologist, highly educated. Four years of college, four years of medical school, five or six years of residency training before she got out on her own. And she just told me to buy marijuana on the street. We were baffled.

For the record, I have no problem with medicinal marijuana or even marijuana (if that's your thing). I couldn't believe she told me to buy it on the street. At this point in my life marijuana isn't going to happen. I'm a little past that stage, YMMV.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Here's why I have some off reservation opinions.

I do not condone crutches nor illegality. That said, there is a segment of this population that doctor shops grey area legally and gets drunk every night. They show up to the job still smelling a bit like drink.

There is no repirting agency for them. Not even a DUI disqualifies you until you get a habitual violator and a felony. Depemding on state that could be five separate DUIs minus a vehicular manslaughter.

Yet there is a demographic of people who want their states to control, tax, and legalize a substance. And now the ATF are wanting to mess with people in yet another vaunt for relevancy.

I personally have never tried it and never really wanted to. I've been trained on it per labs but no.....I was never cool enough to get offered a doobie.

That said there are people trying to legally and above board get a substance safely and properly. They are being punished by having their rights stripped for being out in the open where they could go to a safe and professional dispensary as opposed to some hood on the street putting god knows what in it.

You shouldnt have to choose your rights when they are all yours.

Our problem, as a nation, is that we inject our pet peeves, morality games, and personal religiosity into matters that do not concern us.

I would rather someone say "Hey, I'm depressed. I can't sleep. Life sucks. I just wanna get high, eat pizza and listen to The Cure for a while" and see a doctor who can give them counsel and guide them safely through. Majority of people will do their thing and be done with it.

I'd sooner people do that than drink up vodka and get violent. Guess what? You dont need a script for Vodka. Nor Rum. Nor regular beer.

Cigarettes, and I am guilty here, offer no medicinal benefit past reducing desire to choke someone out or go upside their head. It is carcinogenic and can lead to Emphysema. But you dont need a script.

I think that by being adults for a change and maturely dispelling the "gateway drug" spiel that we can demystify the 2nd most popular drug in America (After alcohol).

I would rather someone with real PTSD or real Depression or real issues be able to toke up and watch cartoons and chill out under a doctor's care than buy liquor and do something destructive.

I think its pretty stupid that we still care about reefer madness when most laws affecting the drug really were drawn up solely to target blacks and mexicans.

I mean Hunter Coulson gets popped with Sched II and a gun and gets Drug Court, Rehab, and Direct Diversion while Daquan Smith gets jammed over a dime bag.

Its all bullshit. The system is bullshit. This is all about disqualifying more people. And nowhere have I seen a kid go from weed to hardcore heroin, but I HAVE seen a lot of alchies who liked theur meth.

Coincidentally a lot of Judges and Lawmakers are heavy drinkers but thats another topic for another day.

Feel free to share how sinsemilla makes Baby Jesus cry or how it is for them faggot beatnik degenerates with their rock music and negro jazz totally shitting on the American flag and ruining Lawrence Welk.

I'm sure such implorations will be just absolutely convincing and irrefutable.

But thats just me.

Feedback Score
    It is really unsurprising for those who wan to eliminate private firearm ownership to pit the person who likes marijuana against the person who does not, the person who likes a drink against the person who does not, etc. Divide & conquer. We help them in their endeavor without intending to do so it seems.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    I doubt that would hold up in court of your MJ use was Physician prescribed, as you would not be an unlawful user. Just like the handful of folks in the FDA/Randall program are not unlawful users.
    Some canabinoids are legal in some states. ALL canabinoids are illegal at the Federal level and illegal for doctors to prescribe. 4473’s are a Federal document and reflect Federal firearms laws. A physican’s DEA license is also a Federal document and requires adherence to Federal drug laws.

Doctors can’t “prescribe” any canabinoids or derivatives. Some states have “allowed” them to issue an “authorization” so that a patient can purchase it, but an actual “prescription” is based on a license granted to a licensed physician by the DEA. Since since all canabinoids are Schedule 1 drugs (no medical use), they can’t be prescribed. I’m not aware of any doctor that has been prosecuted by the Feds, and no, they don’t automatically pull your DEA license, but it is clear that it violates Federal law, and they could. Personally, I think it would be exceedingly stupid for any physician to put his or her DEA license at risk by authorizing a patient to use a drug that is illegal at the Federal level.
    Last edited by Hmac; 11-20-17 at 00:09.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    It's also not the subject of the topic. Feel free to start your own thread about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    But buying hard liquor and having guns is still cool though right?

I mean. Nothing horrible ever happened due to alcohol.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast