Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Light weight tripod for binos and spotting scope ?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Anybody use the triclawps ? It is at the Outdoorsman here in Phx. Was told it was decent.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Great feedback guys, this thread is going to cost me some more cheddar. Failure to stop's suggestion for a budget pod, hog saddle looks pretty darn good. I have a nice manfrotto for my spotting scope but its an old school, built like a tank that I use for shooting every weekend. But its so heavy no chance I can use for a hunt i.e. 9lbs. So I'm moving the spotter to a lightweight manfrotto of decent quality and getting one more Manfrotto for my 15X Binos. 15X is too much wobble to not have a brace of sorts.

Now you guys have put me into another tripod for shooting the beast. We scouted this weekend, and all the places we looked didn't have ideal "lay and shoot off the gun bipod", so your advice to get PRS type bipod may indeed save my arse.

I may just buy the saddle and switch in a hurry, even though I might like to have one dedicated set up to use every weekend and give our shoots a new dimension.

PB
    Just realized the $385 was just for the tripod, haha. Not so much budget minded option, but very nice. However, the PRS LLC set up is very conservatively priced.
    Last edited by Pappabear; 11-21-17 at 11:42.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    You could also check out the PIG-0311G from Hog Saddle. It's not super lightweight (5.6 lbs), but it's rock solid and one hell of a bargain IMO.

Feedback Score
    check pm, pappabear

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    replied gracias

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I bought a Manfrotto 290XTA 3US tripod and MHXPRO-BHQ2 Xpro ball head with 200PL, it came with 2 extra plates. It was $250 total, very solid and around 5lbs. There are a lot better options but this will do. Ive learned a lot about these shooting rigs from this thread, thanks for the info guys.

PB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12