Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: whats the best free float rail that uses standard g.i. barrel nut

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    The longer you go, the more apparent the short comings of the gi nut are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbytucson View Post
    i built an upper, decided to switch to a different barrel and gas block, but, the set screws in the lo pro gas block stripped like a mofo, im just to lazy to start messing with the gas rod pin and rod just to get the barrel nut off to swap barrels, just gonna keep this barrel on the upper now until it shoots out.
    The G.I. Barrel nut really limits the choices on rails.

Drilling the screws out or even cutting off the gas block and replacing allows the installation of your favorite rail.

It's really not that hard to make it right.

Any good armorer should be able to accomplish that if you send it out.
    Last edited by Clint; 11-21-17 at 08:34.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    The G.I. Barrel nut really limits the choices on rails.

Drilling the screws out or even cutting off the gas block and replacing allows the installation of your favorite rail.

It's really not that hard to make it right.

Any good armorer should be able to accomplish that if you send it out.
    And if you can't find help in Tucson you're not looking very hard.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Go with the Fortis rail, it is GTG and should be available in longer sizes iirc.

ETA- here it is in 14”

https://fortismfg.com/rails/ar15-for...system-14-MLOK
    https://fortismfg.com/rails/ar15-for...system-14-MLOK
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbytucson View Post
    i kinda disagree with you, i prefer 15'' because when i clamp my rail with my support hand, its pretty far down the rail, i have long arms and hands, so i hate canting my elbows for short rails. also because when i brace my rifle on a vtac wall or objects, i dont affect my zero
    You want a good 15" rail that uses the factory nut, with solid lock-up, that "doesn't cost a fortune".
    So, just curious why no love for the 15" Samson Evo I posted on page 1 (@ under $155 shipped)?
    Last edited by freefly; 11-21-17 at 14:33.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VALG17 View Post
    I've been tracking this discussion and want to confirm that if I want to put a rail instead of traditional handguard on my OEM-1 Colt 6920 upper, without having to remove the front sight, bayo lug and sling attachment my best option is a C4 Centurian rail? Correct?
    Yes and no. If you do not want to take it apart you will need cut off the delta ring assembly and front handguard cap, if you do not wish to destroy those parts you must disassemble it.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've been tracking this discussion and want to confirm that if I want to put a rail instead of traditional handguard on my OEM-1 Colt 6920 upper, without having to remove the front sight, bayo lug and sling attachment my best option is a C4 Centurian rail? Correct?

OK, I've got no problem with cutting off the Delta ring, cutting off the spring, etc. Is the front handguard cap also easy to cut off with a dremel? I'm more concerned about the bayo lug and sling mount.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VALG17 View Post
    OK, I've got no problem with cutting off the Delta ring, cutting off the spring, etc. Is the front handguard cap also easy to cut off with a dremel? I'm more concerned about the bayo lug and sling mount.
    You want to be careful not to hit the gas tube, I'd recommend tin shears on the cap. You do not need to remove the bayonet lug, the sling swivel is easily removed with a pin punch.

Last edited by titsonritz; 11-21-17 at 16:00.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I am pretty that the SIONICS shop could help with that.

Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    And if you can't find help in Tucson you're not looking very hard.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freefly View Post
    You want a good 15" rail that uses the factory nut, with solid lock-up, that "doesn't cost a fortune".
    So, just curious why no love for the 15" Samson Evo I posted on page 1 (@ under $155 shipped)?
    I kinda over looked it but since it's adaptors are able to convert to keymod or mlok I may try this out ! Can't beat the price

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast