Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: whats the best free float rail that uses standard g.i. barrel nut

Feedback Score

whats the best free float rail that uses standard g.i. barrel nut

other than troy (not a fan anymore since my vtac alpha rail bottom screw keeps getting lost during classes even though i loctittied it), whats a decent f.f. quad or keymod rail you guys prefer that uses standard g.i. barrel nut? not concerned with looks or weight , i prefer an excellent anti rotation lockup. anybody with experience on your preferences appreciated much

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Centurion C4
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I second that suggestion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I’ll third that one, because it flat out works and works well. There are others, but the C4 rail has a solid reputation.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I agree with re C4, I have one and the ky 2nd favorite rail.

Do you have to use a mil spec barrel nut?

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I use a DD Omega on my work rifle as per policy I can’t remove the hand guard front retaining ring. i also like the shape which is more thin than tall. Very solid lockup.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    I agree with re C4, I have one and the ky 2nd favorite rail.

Do you have to use a mil spec barrel nut?

thanks guys, looks like ill be getting the c4! i was hoping someone would say midwest since they typically dont cost a fortune lol.

and RTT, on this particular build, yes. i built an upper, decided to switch to a different barrel and gas block, but, the set screws in the lo pro gas block stripped like a mofo, im just to lazy to start messing with the gas rod pin and rod just to get the barrel nut off to swap barrels, just gonna keep this barrel on the upper now until it shoots out.

Feedback Score
    well, c4 is a no go, i want something atleast 13'' and they only make one up to 12'', i really want a 15'' if there is one. anybody else have any suggestions?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbytucson View Post
    thanks guys, looks like ill be getting the c4! i was hoping someone would say midwest since they typically dont cost a fortune lol.
    Big fan of the C4 rails here as well.

However, if you are looking to save a few bucks (like $100+), and it doesn't have to be a traditional quad-rail, you might look at the Samson Evolution rails.
    They are very solid and utilize the stock barrel nut. They were sort of a forerunner to all of the current modular rails out there (allowing you to attach rail sections where you need/want them).
    Worth a look, IMO. But yeah, for a cost-no-object quad-rail, the C4 is hard to beat.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbytucson View Post
    i really want a 15'' if there is one. anybody else have any suggestions?
    Might not be the lowest price out there, but this seem like a pretty decent deal to me on a 15" Evo:
    Samson Evo 15 $154.95 Shipped

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast