Thread: Anybody have a Holosun 503C??

Feedback Score

Anybody have a Holosun 503C??

I bought a Holosun 503C about 3 or 4 months ago. I love the glass and the reticle. I got this site for $149 on Ebay. I think the site is a $239 site. I just got one a lot cheaper. Anyone know if these sights hold up? Also is it a site you would bet your life on in a home defense scenario? There's only one thing I don't like about it. If you are aiming the rifle in a dark room and the site is in automatic mode and if you have to shoot at a lighted room, the reticle is hard to see. It has a lot of stellar options for a nearly $250 red dot site. It has the option of using a circle dot or just a dot.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I don't know which model I have. But, yes. I'd trust it for home defense. I don't know that it could hold up to aimpoint's durability in military deployment roles, etc.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I don't know which model I have. But, yes. I'd trust it for home defense. I don't know that it could hold up to aimpoint's durability in military deployment roles, etc.
    Well for the home is why I bought the optic. Alot of guys really do like them.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I had one for about two years. Zero issues and it was a very nice optic. IMO very hard to beat of the money.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxy View Post
    I had one for about two years. Zero issues and it was a very nice optic. IMO very hard to beat of the money.
    I don't know how long Holosun has been in business. I heard of a few, well one that went bad stored in a safe but it could have been some Aimpoint fan. Another thing where do you mount the optic. I had it installed in front of the ejection port and found the field if view was a bit hard for picking up the red dot. I moved it back to the middle of the ejection port and the optic focuses much much better for me. I notice mist guys mount there red dots in front of the ejection port. It makes a world of difference picking up the red dot when moved back 2 to 3 inches. I know I'm not gonna be able to fit a 3x's magnifier in back of it though.