Thread: ar15sport.com Chrome M16 Bolt Carrier Group / BCG: Anyone Have Experience with One?

Feedback Score

ar15sport.com Chrome M16 Bolt Carrier Group / BCG: Anyone Have Experience with One?

Hi folks,

I am big on chrome BCGs since learning from my Portuguese veteran AR-10 research contact that he was in command of the unit that issued the Portuguese AR-10 I own, and that it had at least 40,000 rounds through it in its 13 years in combat without ever needing a part replaced. The BCG on this rifle is hard-chromed, and despite being made of 4140 steel, it looks almost new! Therefore, I am looking at getting a couple chrome BCGs for backups to my AR-15s.

I asked about the BCG selection previously, and someone pointed me to an option of which I was not aware: ar15sport.com, which offers its own chrome BCGs, which are listed as having C158 bolts and proper HPT/MPI. The pictures even look identical to the Daniel Defense chrome BCG, which is almost twice the price. Money is not really an object for me, but if the ar15sport.com unit is actually essentially the same or just as good as the DD brand-name one, I would be willing to save the money.

Has anyone tried these BCGs out? I hope to hear some experiences with them.

Thanks in advance

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Do what?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Do what?
    +1. haha

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I have never heard of AR15sport.com. I bought a DD chrome BCG not too long ago, and it looks well made. I haven't shot the rifle I installed it in, but I'm sure it will function just fine. I'd be curious to know where AR15sport.com sources their parts from. I know Brownell's is now offering chrome bcgs under their own name, and they are selling them for about the same price point.