Thread: Retro AR Issue from Firearms News (formerly Shotgun News)!

Feedback Score

Retro AR Issue from Firearms News (formerly Shotgun News)!

Hi Folks,

As one of the authors for the upcoming issue from Firearms News - and author of The ArmaLite AR-10: World's Finest Battle Rifle - I thought I would share with everyone news of the December issue of Firearms news, which is dedicated to the world of retro ARs.

There is also a lot of great info in here about John Thomas, owner of Retro Arms Works, who does what can only be described as witchcraft in both restoring original ARs, and fabricating new working replicas from scratch. I don't get paid any more for my writing based on how the issue sells, so I am not posting out of self-interest; just to share the news of what is sure to be a must-read for retro AR enthusiasts!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I found out about this issue last week. Still waiting for it to hit the shelf. John Thomas does great work as I can personally attest to. He is a wealth of information and talent. His gunsmithing skills are out of this world. He has done many amazing pieces and not just ARs. As a retro AR builder myself, I am in awe of what John has produced over the years. As I told him several days ago, I really look forward to seeing his works in print.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Very cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    When does it hit the news stands?