Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Opinion on Hexmag

Feedback Score

Opinion on Hexmag

Hey guys I just saw the deal on hexmags in the primary email and wondered if they were good to go or not. They’re on sale for 5.99 with a limit of ten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    They have worked fine for me as range mags in various carbines. I feel that's all they are though, just solid range mags, not for serious use. At that price you could spend about a buck more and find good deals on Okay industries, or Surefeed USGI mags.
    Last edited by WickedWillis; 11-20-17 at 12:44.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    They have worked fine for me as range mags in various carbines. I feel that's all they are though, just solid range mags, not for serious use. At that price you could spend about a buck more and find good deals on Okay industries, or Surefeed USGI mags.
    I couldn’t say it better.

Feedback Score
    Thanks. I’ll just wait and pick up some P mags or the ones you suggested when their on sale. I rather have a few good ones if that’s the case.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I picked up a few from PA today to test out. If they turn out to be gtg I may grab a few more if that price comes back around again.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VARIABLE9 View Post
    I couldn’t say it better.
    Me too. All I am buying are Okay magazines. I buy the ones with the green GI follower on sale with free shipping and install KAC followers. No more plastic for me.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I stay away from them.

I have 4 Series 2 and 4 series 1. They work in about 50% of the lowers they get thrown into. A lot of the times the BHO gets blocked up on the follower and the bolt chews up the follower.

This happened in many different lowers, of varying qualities when I wanted to confirm it and brought them to the public range for some folks to try.

I really don't like them much, but they feed reliable in the lowers they work in. I just threw them in the back of the safe.

I bought 2 "Dual Mag Packs" for 15 bucks a pop. So, 30 dollars. When I identified the issues, I submitted a request. They wanted a picture of the print clock and serials. After that they sent me 4 brand new series 2. So, I got 8 mags for 30 bucks. But, all 8 have issues.

YMMV, but I don't even bother with them.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 11-20-17 at 17:57.

Feedback Score
    I stick with pmags and usgi mags. Hexmag is the only mag I’ve had issues with.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 11-20-17 at 18:05.

Feedback Score
    I have a few and so far they have been fine. I haven't had any problems with them. I have both series 1 and 2.

Feedback Score
    I’m not familiar with the Okay mags. Where do you find them on sale at? I get emails from all over the place but haven’t seen those.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast