Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Opinion on Hexmag

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mm1990 View Post
    I just stick with USGI, Lancer, or Pmags.

This.

Feedback Score
    i bought a bunch off primary arms aswell, you are allowed to buy 10 at a time in one house hold, but if you select black, fde, and olive drab it counts as seperate items so i bought a total of 30 at once and they shipped em as promised...heres my experience with them.....absolutely fantastic magazines considering the price. ive only rotated 6 or 7 of the same mags for some hefty carbine courses and they are indeed reliable. i have not had one malfunction while using them. they definitely feed reliably, and the hexagonal texture does help to strip them. only down fall, is yes sometimes you need to strip them as they fit a lil tight into some of my lowers to where they dont drop free even with some rounds left in them, but its not terribly tight, just strip and go. but that could be a lower and not the mag you know'. and they havent broke yet after be dropped from speed reloads onto solid concrete. so in my non proficient tactical operator opinion, they are good to go for range days, classes, and general shooting. for some reason im still one of those idiots that doesnt want to use my usgi and pmags for "wartime" lol. but $5.99 a pop on primary, bet your ass they are worth it and very decent mags

Feedback Score
    The inevitable comparison to be made is against Magpul’s PMag line of magazines. In terms of their design, I would certainly not call the HX30-AR a copy of the PMag, as from a dimensional perspective it shares more in common with aluminum USGI magazines than Magpul’s offering – the one significant similarity with the PMag being the constant curvature of the inside of the mag body. However, there’s no denying that the HX30-AR is a new challenger to the PMag in the field of polymer magazines, or that they are very similar offerings.

Feedback Score
    For cheap range mags they're great, but I stick with Lacer, PMAG or Okay for my primary.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aclawrence View Post
    Hey guys I just saw the deal on hexmags in the primary email and wondered if they were good to go or not. They’re on sale for 5.99 with a limit of ten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magpul, Lancer, NHMTG, OKay Surefeed, and the like, are so incredibly cheap I don't even bother asking myself if I think something cheaper is good. I mean, FFS, look at it this way...if you pay $250 per 1,000 for brass case Federal .223 ammo after rebate, which is a SMOKING deal, one magazine's load of ammo costs $7.50. One load of the mag, one time. And we're worried about saving literally like $2-$3 on that magazine even if it means getting something we aren't sure about that doesn't have the real world history and established track record of other options? Just doesn't make sense to me...so I just continue to acquire PMAGs, the known good USGI mags, Lancer, etc, are dirt cheap prices.
    Last edited by Warp; 12-05-17 at 18:15.

Feedback Score
    I have a video on my phone which shows me attempting to seat 6+ unloaded Hexmags into my LMT rifle without success.

They're garbage.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mm1990 View Post
    I just stick with USGI, Lancer, or Pmags.
    This, with Lancers being my favorite of the three.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.56 Bonded SP View Post
    This, with Lancers being my favorite of the three.
    Yep I mostly buy Lancer mags nowadays and my HD mags are Lancers.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'll go with the tide here.

USGIs, Lancer, or Pmags.

USGIs for putting away, Lancers for training/looking cool, and pmags for everything else.

I dont see anything Hexmag brings to the table and I'm a guy who has a few weird mags like a couple of Thermolds (which work fine as range mags), an Orlite, and some Israeli mags which actually work well both polymer and the E-Landers

Plus the hexmags just look like the have ringworm

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I bought two on a lark a while back. And yes - they work GREAT... as range mags.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123