Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aero M4E1 AR15 lower opinions.

Feedback Score

Aero M4E1 AR15 lower opinions.

Anyone have, or held one in person to give an opinion one way or the other on these?

Thank you

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ICBM556 View Post
    Anyone have, or held one in person to give an opinion one way or the other on these?

Thank you
    I have handled one. Looked nice. Nice mag well flares. What I didn’t like was that the bolt catch uses a threaded pin. I would prefer a roll pin. With the right tools it’s pretty easy to install. But I feel like this was added to appeal to the lowest common denominator who otherwise would bugger the lower up installing the roll pin. Not sure if anyone has had a problem with a treaded pin like that come loose, but to me this was added for amateurs to assemble. I think I’ll pass.

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    I have one. Haven’t built it up yet. In the hand and visually, it’s clean, forged, and with attractive price point.

I don’t mind threaded bolt catch and have never had an issue with them using vibratite.

Feedback Score
    That was one thing that was of concern to me was that threaded catch, just another thing I have to put locker on.

Seems like I read something about mags with over insertion tabs on them would not work. If true, that would be an issue with gen3 Pmags, of which I have none, but still an issue none the less.
    Last edited by ICBM556; 11-20-17 at 17:30.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have 2 I'm going to build up. I paid 50 dollars each so if there not right im not out much. I built a 308 using their recievers and bcg. Not problems and fit and finish was great.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by G.B. View Post
    I have 2 I'm going to build up. I paid 50 dollars each so if there not right im not out much. I built a 308 using their recievers and bcg. Not problems and fit and finish was great.
    50$, may I ask where?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Aero makes a good product and puts it out there at a pretty low price point.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Seemed to be a little nicer to Aero lately lol. Glad to see they've earned the stamp of approval.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Thanks Stick, I feel better about pulling the trigger on one of these now, pun intended. Just dont know whether to go the E1 or just standard lower.
    Last edited by ICBM556; 11-20-17 at 19:29.

Feedback Score
    Am I the only one that doesn't like the idea of a threaded bolt catch?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast