Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Complete COLT lower castle nut alignment

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Send it back. Buy a S&W, Bushmaster, PSA, DD, etc.. and then you can learn how to do it yourself. Or just leave it until it comes apart and then fix it.
    Better off just building your own lower IMO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ^Rb View Post
    Is it just me....

....or is anybody else struggling to find anything wrong with this picture? Looks fine to me...?
    I know it’s pretty minor— and I’m nitpicking— but if you look at the outside edges of the castle nut, it is shifted off center with respects to the receiver, end plate, and receiver extension. In the picture you can see the top edge of the nut extends outside, or beyond, the edge of the end plate, while the bottom edge is well inside the edge of the end plate.

Again, i know this may be too minor— but just want to double check on this before i SBR it. I haven’t really noticed anything like this before on any other rifle i have.

Feedback Score
    Send it back. Buy a S&W, Bushmaster, PSA, DD, etc.. and then you can learn how to do it yourself. Or just leave it until it comes apart and then fix it.
    Yea i hear the psa comes with a pretty good warranty 😉

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The castle nut isn't shifted, as it threads directly onto the receiver extension. What minuscule issue exists, is likely with the end plate.

Shoot, reload, repeat.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Actually it does. But maybe an actual pic of the stakings would be cool? That may be too much to ask though.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mm1990 View Post
    The staking doesn’t look like normal Colt Staking to me, anyone else noticed this? Could just be me.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score

Cool

I have held my head in three different positions and I am now standing on my head. I can't see anything wrong.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don't see anything wrong, maybe I need to clean my glasses?

Feedback Score
    Actually it does. But maybe an actual pic of the stakings would be cool? That may be too much to ask though.
    Staking is fine
    809BFCB3-32FC-4142-AE50-763C8DE1371E.jpg67FAF135-B885-4DEE-8357-ECC64875BAFC.jpg

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.56 Bonded SP View Post
    I don't see anything wrong, maybe I need to clean my glasses?
    Kinda what I was afraid of. It’s small and pretty hard to get to come across through just a pic.. kinda have to look at it in person. But, if there’s a thread full of people saying they can’t see it, I’ll take that as “probably nothing to worry about”

Feedback Score
    Deleted
    Last edited by Glock9mm1990; 11-21-17 at 21:38.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast