Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Noveske GhettoBlaster: it's off the chain

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    How on Gods great green earth is that racist? The term ghetto blaster has been around since the 70s, and in use the since then. If you are inferring that only minorities live in the ghetto, please tell us all what color that minority is.... I’m sure they would like to know they own the monopoly.

Is the term quirky? Sure, but hardly racist unless you are looking for drama.
    I would guess that most literate Americans, seeing an ad for that SBR with the name GhettoBlaster as the banner, would probably take it as VALG17 did.

Is there some plausible deniability there? Sure.

I think folks who say they don't see how it could be taken that way are being obtuse.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I would guess that most literate Americans, seeing an ad for that SBR with the name GhettoBlaster as the banner, would probably take it as VALG17 did.

I think folks who say they don't see how it could be taken that way are being obtuse.
    Eh, I think the people that would be offended by an ad for an SBR called "Ghetto Blaster" are most likely going to be the same people that get offended by gun ads period. I could be wrong though, after all, I spent a couple years surrounded by a bunch of people that were shocked by the sight of an empty .223 casing.

Feedback Score
    The things I don't like are the PDW stock for the 16in gun and that trigger guard. I personally prefer forged lowers and standard flat trigger guards, the Gen 3 noveske stuff has a subtle trigger guard and I dig it. PDW stocks just aren't my thing although on a PDW they have their place but on the 16in gun I don't see the point, if I build another AR pistol I might try the SB PDW brace. I hope gen 3 noveske stuff gets cheaper now so I can build my noveske fan boy gen 3 crusader mini recce

Feedback Score
    It does look interesting, but I'm already committed to a pair of HBs and the whole line of Q cans. The Q has a 7" 1 in 5" twist barrel, the Noveske is an 8" 1 in 7". The Q has the turnbuckle rail retention, the Noveske uses screw(s). The Noveske has a right hand bolt catch release, the Q does not (not "in hand" yet). The trigger guard on the Noveske appears larger, but how well it fits remains to be seen. There are some other user serviceable components that can be swapped out of either if desired.
    For myself, it does not seem to be worthwhile to take the plunge yet, at least until after the HBs show up, but I can realistically see some wanting the small package with improved supersonic speed for 110gr black tips for terminal performance. The loss of 1" out of a 9-9.5"ish isn't a huge drop in velocity, so the realistic range isn't huge drop either. The consumer pricing is about the same for either.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post

It is unlikely the general public, or the Fudds will receive this well.

I certainly would not want to stand in a courtroom being examined if I had to use this thing.

Feedback Score
    How would that compare to an "evil" assault rifle? Or a "high capacity" handgun? Or, just mention the "evil" AR-15, or whatever else. That spin play could draw you back to a musket. That nomenclature really matters less when the deceased is stopped with their hyper violent attack by the means that the defendant had available.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    I don’t think the general public or the fudd are ever really a concern for noveske. Not exactly their target audience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Is this using some kind of proprietary action spring and buffer? That is the biggest turn off for me but I understand the value of the getting it as short as possible. I just don't like sacrificing component lifespan/reliability for it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    Looks a lot like a noveske honey badger.

I guess cool because it's different for them. But I'd buy a honey badger from Q if I was going to buy one.

I will say 2000$ is much better than some of their previous prices. I don't know how much anreal Q honey badger is though
    They look almost the same. I personally like the color on the q.

I can't say much against it. I kinda want to try one.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Does literally no one else remember this?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast