Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hill people gear

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I have what I believe is called the runner kit bag. These work great for running with a j frame or glock 19. Also use it while hunting and riding my Honda atc.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I use the Recon version with the webbing up front...great piece of kit, and I generally wear it under my Carhart jacket. I liked it so much I gave each of the kids one to use for carrying their G19s.

Feedback Score
    I have a Heavy Recon Kit bag. It wasn't my first choice since it's more tactical looking than the others. I've used it with a Glock 19, 21 and Sig P226. I also have other survival gear in it too...compass, 550 cord, headlamp, small pocketknife, fire starting gear, a rite in the rain notepad and water purification tablets. I mainly take it hiking and camping.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Order placed for original kit bag in coyote. Excited to see how it works.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I've got a Version 2 Kit Bag, works great for carrying a heavy revolver, in my case, a Ruger Bisley 45 Colt, 5.5" barrel. It also fits well under a large coat or vest.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by oregon45 View Post
    I've got a Version 2 Kit Bag, works great for carrying a heavy revolver, in my case, a Ruger Bisley 45 Colt, 5.5" barrel. It also fits well under a large coat or vest.
    If a fellow member from Oregon supports my purchase I know that I will do well!

Feedback Score

I first saw HPG chest Kit Bags at Sniper Adventure Challenge back in 2013, and subsequent CD events over the years. Most of the permanent ThunderBeast/CD staff have them.

They make a great basic pistol and small equipment solution for practical tasks, whether you're carrying a pack and don't want to have any telltale signs of CCW, riding motorcycles while carrying protection, carrying radios, small clipboards for RO'ing, flashlight, energy bars, maps, multi-tools, chem lights, spare mags, things like that.

Construction is high quality, US-made, well-designed and executed. Machining operations are consistent, correctly-done, and the gear has lasted many years in some pretty extreme environments out here in the West, where you have rocky outcrops, lots of sand/dust interface while riding in open ATVs, on cycles, and being thrown back and forth between range bags, worn, set and dragged on concrete, and normal use for highly-active outdoors types.

They are very comfortable because of the load distribution arrangement with the small of back mesh nape panel and wide suspension webbing, unlike path of least resistance cross-webbing you see on a lot of chest rigs. They feel very at home on you, out of the way when not needed, and right there when needed.

The Recon Kit Bag will hold a full-size pistol like a Glock 20 in 10mm for a trail gun. I highly recommend them based on the past 4 years of hard use I've seen across at least 20 samples of the Kit Bag product line. I don't recommend a lot of sewn gear much because I'm rarely impressed with what I see from a design standpoint.

I have no connection with HPG other than talking with them at one of the events and independent observation of their products. I don't own any of them, but have used them on CD staff for SAC or Steel Safari.

I normally wear my own gear that I have designed and made myself, having been sewing since childhood. What normally happens with me when I see a piece of gear is that I tear it down in my head based on design intent and execution as presented, then re-build it visually and interactively in my mind to how I would do it.

Every time I've done that with the HPG Kit Bag, I end up pretty much doing what they have done. There aren't any other sewn gear products I can think of where that happens.

Feedback Score
    It's good kit. It is my go-to backpacking carry method.
    Last edited by B52U; 12-06-17 at 14:36.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    So far, my only complaint is that the solid fabric back tends to induce a little extra sweat down here in FL.
    Experience so far is limited to Florida swamp hiking.
    I would definitely be interested in a version that had a breathable backer like inside good plate carriers and on the wearer side of packs, though I have to assume that they tried that and found it to not be as good as I theorize.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Last year I bought my wife a runners kit bag in the grey color so she could wear it while working (she was cleaning office buildings and apartments at the time) or walking the dogs and kids and she loved it. She was able to carry her MP full size 9mm, an extra magazine, flashlight, small strobe, pens/pencils and cellphone no problem. She would have it on 4-8 hours at a time while cleaning and never had an issue.

Great kit, well made and thought out. I might just pick up another one now...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast