Thread: NFA Noob Questions

Feedback Score

NFA Noob Questions

Hi gents.

I'm an NFA noob and waiting for the BATF to process my paperwork for my first suppressor. Approaching 9 months now and I'm wondering how the process works once BATF approves. Do they send me the stamp/papers? Does it go to FFL and then it's up to them to contact me?

Thanks for any insight.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Depends on how you submitted your info. How did you submit everything?

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    For a form 4, stamp/papers will go to your FFL. Your FFL, if he’s doing his job, will contact you.

Feedback Score
    Thank you guys.

Form 4 and all associated paperwork submitted by Silencer Shop. When you say FFL, would that be Silencer Shop or the individual FFL who Silencer Shop sent my suppressor to?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RE1 View Post
    Thank you guys.

Form 4 and all associated paperwork submitted by Silencer Shop. When you say FFL, would that be Silencer Shop or the individual FFL who Silencer Shop sent my suppressor to?
    It goes to the transferor listed on the form. (It's actually folded so that their name/address shows through envelope's window).

So, in the case of an SS purchase, there is a Form 3 where SS is the transferor and your local shop is the tranferee. Then a Form 4 where the local shop is the transferor and you're the transferee. It's supposed to go to the transferor...often a dealer, but not always. And every once in awhile they fold the form so that it comes to you instead.

Feedback Score
    Thank you!

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)

NFA Noob Questions

Edit: answered above.