Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wolf 9x39mm

Feedback Score

Wolf 9x39mm

01.-New-from-Wolf-Performance-Ammunition-is-the-9x39mm-Wolf-cartridge-featuring-a-278-grain-FMJ-.jpg

Info and video from Firearms News:

http://www.firearmsnews.com/ammo/wol...olf-cartridge/

Yes, this WILL work in AR-15. It actually would work better than on an AK since the 9x39mm case has almost no taper. It will feed from standard 5.56mm Pmag, although only for 10 rounds or less.

Expect Wolf to release AR-15 upper chambers for it probably at SHOT 2018. Someone in the USA is working on dedicated AR-15 magazine for it.

Could be a 300 Blackout killer.....for suppressed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I doubt it's going to kill anything. Would be a cool caliber to play with but I don't see it replacing anything

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Will this round work with .308 suppressors? That would make it more likely to be successful imo

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
    Will this round work with .308 suppressors? That would make it more likely to be successful imo

.308 is 7.62mm caliber.

the Russian 9mm is like 9.25mm caliber.

So, not only .308 can will not work, most of the 9mm can won't either because of it's a bigger bore and most of the 9mm can are made for pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I doubt it's going to kill anything. Would be a cool caliber to play with but I don't see it replacing anything

For a almost 300 gr bullet, it doesn't have to worry about poor terminal ballistic like most of the 300 Blk subsonics. And it will be well under $1 a pop. Also the safety factor, there is no way you could chamber it in a 5.56mm chamber.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyan View Post
    For a almost 300 gr bullet, it doesn't have to worry about poor terminal ballistic like most of the 300 Blk subsonics. And it will be well under $1 a pop. Also the safety factor, there is no way you could chamber it in a 5.56mm chamber.
    300blk is under a $1/round. 9x39 may not be in the beginning. And not sure where it would be once it leveled off. Even cheap 7.62x39 is around 20 - 25 cents. And those are cheap and plentiful

Safety factor? I don't know.... whatever I guess. I've yet to accidentally mix up ammo and rifles

Most people load their own in 300. Not so much in steel case. Maybe someone will come up with brass case... maybe. Look how popular the 5.45 was and the only US manufacturer is Hornady and even they were late to the party and use steel cases.

Speaking of 5.45. Import ammo is subject to bans.

Russian ammo isn't typically known for precision or accuracy.

Most people who are serious into 300blk don't typically shoot/shop/collect Russian arms.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have one but I'm not seeing it surpass anything. Maybe initially the 7.62x39 may take a little dive as people go play with the latest import.

Last edited by Arik; 11-22-17 at 14:19.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Bring on the parts kits!! (One can wish...)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well, I can promise they will sell me a few boxes. Since I tend to collect werid and odd ball gun parts accessories, mags, I might as well start with ammo. Have a box of black talons for that, this stuff would too stratch an itch for something that interested me.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnkey11 View Post

Maybe we will see Saiga pistols.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnkey11 View Post

Is that a vss? I may have to pick one up down the road. Always thought they were interesting.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post

This it going to be a big limitation IMO. It may work subsonic (TBD) with .40/.45/some 9mm pistol suppressors, and some multi caliber one like the Hybrid, but not the more widely owned .308 suppressors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast