Thread: Who has built of Aero Precision upper and lower for AR-10?

Feedback Score

Who has built of Aero Precision upper and lower for AR-10?

There's one for sale for pretty cheap near me. Yes, Maten is the cream of the crop but seriously thinking abut this in either .308 or 6.5 creedmoor. Not a bunch of information out there on those that have built using Aero's upper and lower, that I could find anyway.

If you have state your caliber, barre, and accuracy please.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Put together a .308.
    Criterion SS Nitride 16", SLR AGB, M. I. rail, BCM Comp.
    Get 1.5 MOA to 500 yds with 168 gr. IMI.
    Have not explored handloads yet.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I built one with a friend in 6.5 Creedmoor. We put a JP barrel in it, JP bolt and JP gas system. Topped it off with a Gen 2 Razor 3-18. Got about .7 with factory Prime 130gr ammo.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I built one off of their builder set (matching cerakote for upper/lower/handguard). Barrel was from X-Caliber in 6.5CM, stainless. X-Caliber will headspace it with a JP Bolt and guarantee moa or better accuracy, which I did. Accuracy with handloads is excellent, .7moa @ 100yds.

The fit is good, I would not be afraid to use aero again.

I like the X-Caliber enough that I ordered another barrel in 375 Raptor just for fun.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I look forward to hearing more about your 375 Raptor. Been toying with the idea of building one for a while, have a truck load of 308 brass to put to use.

Glad to hear the receiver sets are getting good reviews, they have been my leading choice for an AR-10 build. Sadly, was hoping Primary Arms would have another smoking deal on the pair for Black Friday like they did a few months ago, but doesn't look that way.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sjoliat View Post
    I look forward to hearing more about your 375 Raptor. Been toying with the idea of building one for a while, have a truck load of 308 brass to put to use.

Glad to hear the receiver sets are getting good reviews, they have been my leading choice for an AR-10 build. Sadly, was hoping Primary Arms would have another smoking deal on the pair for Black Friday like they did a few months ago, but doesn't look that way.
    The only real hiccup I have found is dies, but I need to get a custom set for another wildcat I am working with anyways, so once I have a reamer print for the 375 to send to Whidden things should be good to go.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Just finished an AR 10 6.5 Creedmoor build with Areo upper and lower (and rail and BCG). Used a ballistic advantage 22' fluted barrel (rifle length gas). I was impressed with the quality and fit given the low cost -- have ~ 1k in the rifle. Shot it for the first time last weekend and was impressed with the results. Man these things are heavy. Be sure to think thought the weight issues with your build. Good luck

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sjoliat View Post

Check out Shuyler Arms and Granite Ridge Outfitters for good pricing on the Aero sets. They have some of the best pricing on Aero I have seen

Feedback Score
    That others have had some measure of success with these sets is pleasing to me. I've been looking at building a .308 gas gun. Spending $4k for an SR25, while awesome, is still $4k. The heart of the beast is a good barrel, good bolt lock up, and a decent trigger (oh, and a good shooter...), and if I can get a good barrel to put into one of these, plus a G2S or SSA-E, and a matched bolt, I would imagine that the results would be pretty damn impressive.

Such a rifle would make for an excellent host for a Leupold Mk6 3-18. Building that rifle, plus the optic, would still come in under the cost of an SR25, possibly plus some ammo if I caught the right deals.

You can do things two ways: the right way, and again. I am wondering how much this quixotic dream is one or the other...

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by masan View Post
    I built one off of their builder set (matching cerakote for upper/lower/handguard). Barrel was from X-Caliber in 6.5CM, stainless. X-Caliber will headspace it with a JP Bolt and guarantee moa or better accuracy, which I did. Accuracy with handloads is excellent, .7moa @ 100yds.

The fit is good, I would not be afraid to use aero again.

I like the X-Caliber enough that I ordered another barrel in 375 Raptor just for fun.
    What led you to X-Caliber in the first place? Did you have a buddy running one of their barrels? I wonder why they only offer a 1 MOA guarantee. There are more than a few that offer subMOA accuracy with match ammo. Not a huge deal and I’m not going to get wrapped around a barrel over that. Just curious. I get about .61-.77 (100-250yd) with my 18” SS BA barrel.
    But if the X-Caliber barrel is legit, I might give them a go, but definitely in the .308 Win not the 6.5CM.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams