Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sig AR Polymer Mags

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NYH1 View Post
    I thought Sig was supposed to make/sell good stuff. What happened?

NYH1.
    I found P-Mags unacceptable and only use USGI type mags now but I don't think this question was answered. I bought a Sig mag for a P238 (or something like this) which was a gift because this person had a Sig gun. I thought purchasing the Sig mag for it would be the best I could do. Isn't Sig a quality company?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I think people take Swiss/German Sig quality and apply it to Sig USA.

Two different companies with what I can tell a minimal relationship.

Look at how much Chinese crap Sig USA is selling. Like their optics. I bet they'd have the guns made in China if they could legally. I think some of their accessories are chinease. Like the mag release.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    I found P-Mags unacceptable and only use USGI type mags now but I don't think this question was answered. I bought a Sig mag for a P238 (or something like this) which was a gift because this person had a Sig gun. I thought purchasing the Sig mag for it would be the best I could do. Isn't Sig a quality company?
    Can you tell me what you don't like about the PMags? I'm looking top load up while they're still cheap, and haven't decided which direction to go yet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    I think people take Swiss/German Sig quality and apply it to Sig USA.

Two different companies with what I can tell a minimal relationship.

Look at how much Chinese crap Sig USA is selling. Like their optics. I bet they'd have the guns made in China if they could legally. I think some of their accessories are chinease. Like the mag release.
    Their red-dots are mostly made by Holosun. The grey paint and the Sig logo adds another 20-30% to the price over the PA & Holosun brand.

Except for one model, that one was setup to be "made-in-USA" for the government contract. It's probably an 80%-er, like 90% is made in oversea and ship it here, then Sig has someone in Oregon to put the case together and screw in few final screws....that's made in the USA. Just like how the EOTech and the Trijicon conventional scopes are made.
    Last edited by Tyan; 11-23-17 at 12:12.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Can you tell me what you don't like about the PMags? I'm looking top load up while they're still cheap, and haven't decided which direction to go yet.
    When I bought my AR it came with a P-mag. That mag kept falling out of my rifle. It fell out not only when I slapped it in, it fell out as I was shooting. This does not happen with either steel or aluminium USGI type mags. So, if i had to grab and go, trying to stop some shooter somewhere, I would certainly not grab a P-mag.

I am not a sophisticated guy. I am just a basic guy who, having gained the other positive aspects of the AR 15, wants reliability.

TMS951 raises some great points and uses Sig's red dot optics as an example. Yes, after researching their new red dots, I do think they are made alongside Holosun's in China.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    When I bought my AR it came with a P-mag. That mag kept falling out of my rifle. It fell out not only when I slapped it in, it fell out as I was shooting. This does not happen with either steel or aluminium USGI type mags. So, if i had to grab and go, trying to stop some shooter somewhere, I would certainly not grab a P-mag.

I am not a sophisticated guy. I am just a basic guy who, having gained the other positive aspects of the AR 15, wants reliability.

TMS951 raises some great points and uses Sig's red dot optics as an example. Yes, after researching their new red dots, I do think they are made alongside Holosun's in China.
    So if I'm understanding correctly, you had one bad experience with a p-mag, and now you're done with them?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks like Sig is balls deep in the cheap aftermarket parts game. Ron Cohen is basically the siren of the firearms industry. Lures you in with profits but it costs you your soul.
    "The machine doesn't make the man, the man makes the machine" - Gucci

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I bought a Sig Swat Patrol carbine and they didn't assemble the upper to the barrel correctly. It was a disaster and no they didn't want to take it back and no the QA/QC people didn't want to help. It didn't matter that I was unable to hit a target at 25 yards, Sig was right and I was wrong.
    When I complained here and on many other boards, I finally got a call from Sig, they wanted to "Make it right". That was from the V.P. of Marketing so whatever I was doing by complaining was having some effect.
    Six long months later they finally gave me an out of the box 7.62x39 carbine that was unable to accept Russian Steel mags because the lower would get chewed up if you did.
    Both of those guns should have come with a pint of Lock-tite as everything that was attached was hand tight and would fall off before you could zero the weapon.
    Those actually might have been the worst excuse for any firearm I have ever seen and were sold at a premium price.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12