Thread: HK94 to SBR; I have a question about using it as a pistol

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

HK94 to SBR; I have a question about using it as a pistol

I have 2 HK94's that I have recently sent form 1's off to SBR. Both will be going to TSC for conversions, one to a MP5SD & the other a MP5F. Is it possible to somehow list these with the ATF as a pistol until the form 1's clear so I can go ahead and send them to TSC or am I pretty much stuck waiting until the ATF forms clear?

Thx

Feedback Score
    You're stuck waiting because they're weapons made from rifles. If they were born as pistols, you can go pistol-rifle-pistol based on ATF rulings, but if a weapon is made from a rifle it's a rifle or an SBR. Check the definition of a rifle in the CFR for clarification.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    10-4, thats what I figured. I really haven't paid much attention NFA things since the pistol brace came on the scene and wasn't sure if anything had changed that would allow a rifle to be used as a pistol during the wait.

Thanks for the info

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Two great rifles. Congratulations. Those are going to be fantastic when Mike is done with them.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    TSC is THE HK man. Mike worked over two SP5K's for me and they came out perfect. He has several projects of mine currently.

Good call on using TSC. No problems with RDTS other than the wait. Don't forget, your wait still may be a while. He just finished up some smaller stuff while getting ready to move into a run of belt feds.

Depending upon scheduling, parts arrival/search, etc. with all his projects that are ongoing, don't be surprised if you have 8-10 month wait. Mike is always optimistic on delivery dates, but his intentions are gold. I fully expect my projects to take a yr.-14 months.

However, well worth the wait. Done right the first time.