Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Raven Concealment Systems launched their new Perun OWB Glock holsters today

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunf1ghter View Post
    You will probably be waiting awhile. They haven't released light bearing versions of any of the holsters that they have started building over the last couple of years.
    Doesn’t sound like it’ll be a while, but RCS did say the other day that they weren’t ready to put out a date yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    That’s a solid point...and makes good sense for the company.
    Good sense for the company, but not a decision that benefits the vast majority of end users. For department or agency purchases, sure; not for the individual consumer.

Feedback Score
    LOL.....a couple. But even simply offering the Shield would have been smart.

Glock may be the most common pistol, but so are kydex Glock holsters, and, are there really a bunch of LE agencies needing to buy ton of Glock holsters all of the sudden? Did Safariland fall asleep at the wheel?

And while I think the reversible feature is excellent, most folks wont give a hoot about it, so really, this is just another good Kydex holster. Price point is excellent, but not uncommon.

Small guns are the fastest growing segment today, and the weapon light is quickly catching on with the new gun carrier. The folks buying the Glock43/Shield/PPS/XDs models with lights are an under-served market.
    Wanna know why we didn't launch with a Shield model?

Because S&W customers don't vote with their wallets. And I say that as a guy who prefers the Shield to the G43.

The M&P users (full-size, compact, and Shield models combined) are some of the most vocal customers out there, begging for product support and complaining when we don't deliver a product to them. Case in point, when the VG2 first hit the market, M&P users were apoplectic that we didn't concurrently launch one for THEIR pistol, too. So we immediately threw all of our resources into bringing the product to market, and upon launch, the M&P VG2 was greeted with crickets and tumbleweed. As a matter of fact, within weeks of the launch, the same voices who had begged for the M&P VG2 simply changed their tune and NOW wanted the VG2 for the Shield.

The Glock VG2 design and tooling paid for itself within 90 days of launch. The M&P VG2 still hasn't sold enough units to break even, and it's been selling for YEARS.

Flash forward to the Shield VG2. There are, conservatively speaking, probably 8-10x more Shields in the hands of consumers than there are G43's. Yet the sales totals for the G43 vs Shield are INVERSE of the number of guns produced.

And, copying what I had stated in the comments on the SSD press-release about the Perun:

"We have Phantom and Phantom LC sales data that goes back to the launch of the S&W M&P. The sad truth is that if you combine the total sales of our holsters sold for M&P Full Size, M&P .45, M&P Compact, M&P .45 Compact AND all of the corresponding light compatible variants, that total is still LESS than, for example, the HK VP-9 (which has been on the market for a fraction of the time, and is just ONE model)."

Everyone talks down to me like I'm an idiot because I didn't launch my brand new holster line (which took almost two solid years to design and test) with models for their favorite pet pistol, even though they didn't buy the last four holster models I produced for that same exact gun.

Well, here's your chance to shine, M&P fans: In a few weeks, you'll have a Perun for the Shield. I predict sales will be mediocre, at best. I predict that immediate feedback will be that you instead want it for a Shield with TLR-6. Or that you don't know why I bothered making a strong-side holster for a sub compact pistol because you prefer to carry it AIWB (even though sales of the VG2 say otherwise). Or that you wish I had produced it in FDE to match your FDE frame pistol.

I would love it if you guys would prove me wrong. But I suspect I will instead end up revisiting this same conversation, and copy-and-pasting these same comments into a new thread when we launch the updated Eidolon.

I only have one RCS holster for a G21. I bought it second hand from someone on this forum. Retention isn’t very good and if I place a firearm with loaded mag in it, hold it upside down, the gun falls out. I know...I need to send it in for adjustment. Will do.
    The "shake the holster upside down while it's off your body" test proves nothing, since the holster isn't designed to retain the weapon that way. It is designed to retain the pistol while being worn on a belt. Determining retention by shaking the holster is akin to buying a new set of tires for your car and dragging them, unmounted, across your driveway by hand to see if they have "enough traction." In fact, in nearly 100% of the adjustment requests where we are asked to increase the retention on a holster, we end up seeing those holsters back within a week to be loosened back to their original retention. This is because if we make the holster tight enough to retain a loaded gun inverted off the body, once you put it ON, the retention is almost too tight to draw.
    Michael Goerlich
    Owner
    Raven Concealment Systems, LLC
    www.ravenconcealment.com
    (440) 465-7111

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Hopefully with the 2.0 C gaining traction, M&P sales will improve. I have Glocks, M&Ps, and 1911s and happily buy Raven holsters for all of them (though I haven't found a 1911 LC model yet). I'm looking forward to buying X300U LC versions of all of the above, whenever they come available.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunf1ghter View Post
    I'm interested in one of these for G19 but am going to need to see some review photos to get a better idea of how concealable it will be under a jacket.

I have a Gunfighters holster for a Walther PPQ that I like, it rides very tight, but it is so low that I can't conceal it over any normal length coats that I wear.
    Do these help?

IMG_20171129_171643_095.jpg

IMG_20171128_234105_655.jpg

IMG_20171129_092623_650.jpg
    Michael Goerlich
    Owner
    Raven Concealment Systems, LLC
    www.ravenconcealment.com
    (440) 465-7111

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSMichael View Post
    Wanna know why we didn't launch with a Shield model?

Wall of text, snip...
    That's unfortunate to hear about M&P holster sales. I have an OG Phantom for an M&P9C bought back in 2011 that's still running strong, an OG M&PFS Phantom from 2015, a Vanguard for each, and a Morrigan for each. I'm excited for a run of Peruns for the M&P line, but after what you've said I understand if it's slow to market.
    In heavenly love abiding, no change my heart shall fear;
    and safe is such confiding, for nothing changes here:
    the storm may roar without me, my heart may low be laid;
    but God is round about me, and can I be dismayed?

Feedback Score
    I just got mine in the mail for my Glock 19. I must say, it is a quality holster. The fit and finish are exceptional. When I heard it was injection molded, I was expecting a sort of rubbery plastic. It is the complete opposite. Very excited to try it out. From what I can tell it's a great purchase for the money.
    Last edited by jschmitt08; 02-09-18 at 00:06.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Got an email from Raven WRT the first of the Perun LC line: Glock with Surefire, "X300U/B". One SKU for everything up to G34/35 size. I'm not sure if that means it's supposed to work with SureFire X300-A and -B models or if RCS is just denoting the model a bit funny. Neither the email nor RCS's website says.

Looks like MSRP is a whopping $10 more than the non-LC Perun holsters.

Available for order here.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    Got an email from Raven WRT the first of the Perun LC line: Glock with Surefire, "X300U/B". One SKU for everything up to G34/35 size. I'm not sure if that means it's supposed to work with SureFire X300-A and -B models or if RCS is just denoting the model a bit funny. Neither the email nor RCS's website says.

Looks like MSRP is a whopping $10 more than the non-LC Perun holsters.

Available for order here.
    Considering I paid 89 for my BlackRhino IWB w/ APL-C, that price point and product seems pretty fair.

I am not an OWB person, never have been, but I think for the folks who carry a 19 w/ Light and/or Optic, these should sell like hot cakes.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    RCS will be bringing IWB conversion kits for the Perun to market eventually.

And RCS says that the holster works best with X300U-Bs, but X300U-As will also work (they just won't fit as well) and they do not recommend using the holster with X200s.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast