Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Raven Concealment Systems launched their new Perun OWB Glock holsters today

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnkey11 View Post
    I'll wait for the Phantom line to come back. Bring back the Ghost line and guarantee my future business.
    What was the ghost line?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    What was the ghost line?
    Like a phantom, but without the sweat guard and it was cut shorter leaving the front couple inches of the gun exposed, like a yaqui holster. The belt loops were permanently attached as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    Ok, I'll be "that" guy here. I expected more from RCS's new hotness than a house-made version of the Blade Tech Total Eclipse with a giant RCS logo. I'm disappointed.
    Phantom Eidolon Perun.jpg

Fortunately, the Perun is not what you describe. The holster body's DNA is lifted directly from the Eidolon, albeit with some improvements stemming from the lessons we have learned about injection molding over the past few years. The form factor is basically "trace around the gun, adding as little extra material as possible." Heck, there's even a bit of carry-over from our old Appendix Carry Rig (ACR) from years back. And I would be remiss if I failed to point out that the Eclipse holster body is VERY similar to the ACR -- a holster which was on the market years before the Eclipse. (Fun fact: The modular belt attachments for the Phantom were called "Eclipse Modular Accessories" for YEARS before any other holster companies used that name for any competing pancake holster products. And I should also clarify, when I say "Phantom," I mean the RCS Phantom, not the BT product that came out years later. I only mention it since there seems to be confusion or speculation about the origins of RCS products and ideas)

RCS ACR.jpg
    Blade Tech Eclipse.jpg

Truthfully, I don't for one second think that they copied the ACR body; much like the Perun, the form factors of the Perun, Eidolon, ACR, and Eclipse are going to be fairly similar because they all share the common design goal of "encapsulate the pistol while adding minimal extra material to provide for belt attachments."

Now, with regard to the modular belt attachments, that's obviously been our thing from the beginning. And we began the long process of converting to an all-ambidextrous product line as far back as the VG2. The Eidolon, Morrigan, and Copia all follow that design requirement, as well.

So yes, there ARE some shared visual cues and features, but in the same way that a Toyota Camry and a Ford Taurus both happen to be four door sedans with similar length wheelbase, horsepower, interior space, etc., yet remain distinctly different automobiles. They were designed to address the same market requirements, so there will obviously be some similarities.
    Michael Goerlich
    Owner
    Raven Concealment Systems, LLC
    www.ravenconcealment.com
    (440) 465-7111

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I got mine a couple weeks ago. It's no phantom. I miss the phantom. Honestly the entire "feel" of the holster is changed. Which of course isn't a bad thing sometimes, but comparing this to the older models is pointless. Not the same ride in any way. Lucky for me I got a phantom for my HK when they went on sale. Just need me some of those G17 G19 ones now <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Don't count on anything you don't sleep with attached to your body to be present when you have to fight for your life.
    I will never get to train as much as I want to. So when I do I need to make it count.
    F@ck Yolo. Bangarang!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I'm a huge fan of the Eidolon and the Phantom, I will pick one of these up as soon as the light bearing models become available. I own several Raven holsters and the fitment and finish is superior to every other OWB holster I have used. I just wish they made something that would fit my P30L.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Anybody else running this holster or have any real experience with it? There’s only one video on YouTube to look at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    The pre-orders are just now being delivered, so it'll be a second until we see a lot of everyman reviews.

Personally, I'm waiting for the light-compatible Glock models to be released before I get too worked up.

Feedback Score
    Reversible features sets them apart from Bravo Concealment, another excellent holster company. I think they made a mistake not sure offering a Shield in the launch...especially a Shield-TLR6 combo.

Regardless, great company’s s I hope they do well with this model!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Just like they did with the Eidolon, it makes sense to launch the product for the largest segment of the market first. Even more so with injection-molded stuff. Glocks are the most common pistol out there, especially for the departments/agencies looking to order a lot of holsters at once. Offering a Shield/TLR-6 holster in the initial launch would have been shortsighted.

Do you by chance own an M&P Shield with a TLR-6?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast