Thread: Any AA Weapons Lights Worth a Darn?

Feedback Score

Any AA Weapons Lights Worth a Darn?

Are there any weapons lights with AA batteries, specificaly for rifles, that come close to current lights? As things move to LED, is it more of a possibility?

I tried a Google search and really didn't come up with much. How many lumens is a 3W LED equal to?

I'm really in the dark on these weapon lights.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Working thru to my own answers. Looks like a 3w LED is about 65lumens. Haven't found one specifically for mounting on a weapon. Or are all LEDs ok for mounting on a gun?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    All LED "bulbs" should be capable of being weapon mounted, the issue is how the light is built. A quality light is required so recoil doesn't eventually shake it apart. The main functionality issue I have seen are lights that have multiple modes that are accessed though cycling the light on/off can be activated via recoil and the batteries momentarily losing contact.

This Fenix light looks like it might work for you since it only has two modes selected by turning the head instead cycling power. Mounting a non-standard diameter body is a whole another issue that probably isn't super hard to overcome. True lumens is probably like 100 and the build quality is reputed to hold up well.

Link to AA light that might work...

Personally I like Surefire and CR123A powered lights on my guns, but I can see the lure of AA for battery compatibility and especially using lithium for runtime and storage.

Happy Low Light Shooting!

Dennis.