Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 41 HELP: Dropping Mags & Serious Malfs

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonB1 View Post
    Let someone else shoot it and see what happens.

Likely the catch or the spring are screwed up. Did it do it with all magazines or just certain ones? And there could be some remote chance something odd has happened with the frame.

If you get the same outcome with all mags and/or a different shooter the best bet would be to send everything back to Glock and hope you don't get the tech(s) that (allegedly) reviewed a friend's 26 that couldn't make it through a full magazine without malfunctioning (multiple magazines, several different brands/types of 9mm, & 3 different shooters) and sent it back claiming it was fine.
    Appreciate the replies. Yes, it did it with several mags. I did not try strong arm shooting- i will check that next rage trip, and try to get others to induce the same problem.
    I love the gun, dont want to sell it...but I damn sure will if I cant get it on par with my other Glocks. May go back to a G21, I dont know. Im def gonna replace the mag catch & spring, to see if it makes a difference. Keep the ideas/suggestions coming, and Ill report back my findings.
    I just dont know why or how alla sudden this started happening.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    There shouldn’t be any more suggestions until you replace the mag catch and spring.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    There shouldn’t be any more suggestions until you replace the mag catch and spring.
    Too bad, I've got one, sounds like a perfect opportunity to give this a shot.
    https://tangodown.com/shop/vickers-t...r-large-frame/
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Too bad, I've got one, sounds like a perfect opportunity to give this a shot.
    https://tangodown.com/shop/vickers-t...r-large-frame/
    I'm just a big dumb guy, but I think that falls into replacing the mag catch category- as suggested.
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    I tend to agree. QUESTION: Are there any "extra-power" mag release springs out there? Something to make the release button somewhat harder to push?
    Also- on the underside of the mag release itself...is there, or isnt there, another hole or slot for the release spring to go into as an adjustment? Seems as though Ive read that at some point.
    I cant see getting the larger Vickers release. IF...IF in fact I am hitting the button...I aint..that would seem to increase the problem.
    Last edited by Straight Shooter; 11-27-17 at 16:52.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I highly doubt it.
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Appreciate the replies. Yes, it did it with several mags. I did not try strong arm shooting- i will check that next rage trip, and try to get others to induce the same problem.
    I love the gun, dont want to sell it...but I damn sure will if I cant get it on par with my other Glocks. May go back to a G21, I dont know. Im def gonna replace the mag catch & spring, to see if it makes a difference. Keep the ideas/suggestions coming, and Ill report back my findings.
    I just dont know why or how alla sudden this started happening.
    I think someone mentioned it earlier, but have you let someone else shoot it? I remember years ago I was at an indoor range and the guy next to me had continuous malfunctions with his G17. He asked me to shoot it and I went through several magazines without a hitch. Just a thought.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Duplicate....
    Last edited by flenna; 11-27-17 at 19:29.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Looked up Glock frame cracking, and while not common, it apparently is possible for a grip plug to do just that. Might be worth looking in to the magazine well since in theory flex there from a crack could over ride an apparently ok magazine catch out of the clear blue.

And stopping and thinking about it a second, as long as the mag catch and mag catch slots in the magazine are sharp, there is a decent chance your firing hand grip will prevent the magazine catch from moving in the first place.
    Last edited by JasonB1; 11-28-17 at 08:28.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonB1 View Post
    Looked up Glock frame cracking, and while not common, it apparently is possible for a grip plug to do just that. Might be worth looking in to the magazine well since in theory flex there from a crack could over ride an apparently ok magazine catch out of the clear blue.

And stopping and thinking about it a second, as long as the mag catch and mag catch slots in the magazine are sharp, there is a decent chance your firing hand grip will prevent the magazine catch from moving in the first place.
    That was an excellent suggestion- thank you. I looked at pistol under bright light, with a magnifying glass, no cracks. And I again checked my firing grip- as I agree with your last statement- still not touching mag release. Thanks again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast