Thread: MagnetoSpeed V3

Feedback Score

MagnetoSpeed V3

I have had this MagnetoSpeed V3 for over a year. I used it a few times and put it up for almost a year. Got it out yesterday to chrono a few rifles. It was as easy to set up and use as It was a year ago.

I'm amazed at the ease of use and the ability to collect velocity data almost anywhere, anytime.

I kept notes on the spacer set up from last year. I used the same spacers and checked alignment with the rod. Alignment was confirmed, I was shooting and collecting data.

I forgot a spare battery. When I started reading the instructions I learned that I could substitute cr123 batteries. I have several packs of those to power my flashlight and thermal weapon sight. Luckily, I did not have to resort to that as the original battery was still good.

A few minutes with the instructions, a few minutes of set up and I was gathering data.

This is a good review of the Magnetospeed.

https://www.lrs-usa.com/2017/07/19/r...gnetospeed-v3/

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Providing NFA Trust Services to Texas Citizens

www.AtomicLabRat.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Velocity data without shooting a sky screen? Without pissing off the RO by standing in front of an unloaded rifle allignning the sky screens with the muzzle? Without knocking over the sky screens from your big bore muzzle blast? Cool!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazykarl View Post
    Velocity data without shooting a sky screen? Without pissing off the RO by standing in front of an unloaded rifle allignning the sky screens with the muzzle? Without knocking over the sky screens from your big bore muzzle blast? Cool!!!
    Funny how that works

www.AtomicLabRat.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Anyone have comparisons of loads they've fired across a Magnetospeed and other chrono(s)? Same results? Deviations?
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Anyone have comparisons of loads they've fired across a Magnetospeed and other chrono(s)? Same results? Deviations?
    I don't have the data. One of my shooting partners who shoots with me compared his numbers to the Magnetospeed and they were pretty much the same. We did this over a year ago when I first picked the Magnetospeed up

www.AtomicLabRat.com

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Check out this YouTube video where he compares the Magnetospeed to another Chronograph. He doesn't really compare loads but the devices themselves.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoU2bZTuvQ4