Thread: Aero Precision OEM

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Aero Precision OEM

So I’m jumping on the 6.5 Creedmore bandwagon. The intended use is for precision shooting. I’ve built a few AR15’s and would like to go that route but I know picking parts can be a little complicated. Then I found this:

https://www.brownells.com/firearms/r...rod105247.aspx

I’ve heard some good things about Aero’s AR10s. I know it’s a chrome-lined barrel but I can install an SS barrel later on down the road. Does anyone have any first-hand experience with this? Is this a good route to take or should I be looking elsewhere? Thanks in advance.
    Good equipment is no substitute for good training.

Feedback Score
    They are solid in that price range along with Armalite. I do not believe the barrel on the linked rifle is chromed lined though if that matters. It is 4150 CMV and i am guessing it is nitride because Ballistic Advantage makes their barrels. If you are looking for precision rig and are going to change out the barrel anyway you might want to consider building. Shuyler Arms and Granite Ridge Outfitters sell the Aero builder sets for the 308 variants and you would probably end up spending the same amount of money, but have a better barrel. Ballistic Advantage 308/6.5 premium stainless barrels get good feedback and Criterion is also a good option without spending 500+ on a barrel.

Feedback Score
    85 (99%)
    What ^^ he said to add Schuyler builder sets were $290.00 Keymod and $300.00 M-lok for M5E sets. Best deal I could find.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I’m not terribly concerned with the barrel, I have no problems shooting it in order to get any kinks worked out then upgrading the barrel. I’ve read reviews that said an adjustable gas block is almost a requirement. If I do go the build route, any good .308 receiver set is a basic start point and go from there, right? I appreciate the advice.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilles11B View Post
    I’m not terribly concerned with the barrel, I have no problems shooting it in order to get any kinks worked out then upgrading the barrel. I’ve read reviews that said an adjustable gas block is almost a requirement. If I do go the build route, any good .308 receiver set is a basic start point and go from there, right? I appreciate the advice.
    For me Aero is a no-brainer. Because in my opinion you’d be hard pressed to find another that matches value and quality as well as Aero.
    There may be some who disagree, but I do not believe an adjustable GB is a requirement at all. I believe it can tweak and make the shooting experience “better” for lack of a better word. Also in that word “better” is less gas in the face, which many shooters do strive for. My .308 does have an adj. GB, but it’s wide open and shoots suppressed and unsuppressed just fine, from 147gr cheapo to 175 Federal SMK. So in my massively deep .308 experience of one, I do not consider it a requirement to a solid, functional AR-10/LR308.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    As an aside... I do have an SBR that when I shoot it I have flashbacks of 40 round fire missions on a 105mm M102. But before I pull the barrel and replace the gas block I’m gonna try RTV on the horseshoe and hope that helps. I think that an adj. GB introduces another point of failure. But if it’s not an HD or duty weapon, that may be an acceptable compromise to some folks. If they even want to call it that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I appreciate the advice. This may be a case of overthinking things and that maybe just shooting it and going from there may be the best solution.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilles11B View Post
    So I’m jumping on the 6.5 Creedmore bandwagon. The intended use is for precision shooting. I’ve built a few AR15’s and would like to go that route but I know picking parts can be a little complicated. Then I found this:

https://www.brownells.com/firearms/r...rod105247.aspx

I’ve heard some good things about Aero’s AR10s. I know it’s a chrome-lined barrel but I can install an SS barrel later on down the road. Does anyone have any first-hand experience with this? Is this a good route to take or should I be looking elsewhere? Thanks in advance.
    I’m not saying pictures tell the whole story but that Aero OEM does not have a 4150 CMV barrel in the picture. That’s a stainless steel barrel. Assuming pics don’t tell the whole story, what I also believe is that:

1. Aero (or BA) doesn’t produce a 4150 CMV 22” 6.5CM barrel. They only make 416R SS barrels.
    2. BA doesn’t manufacture a 6.5CM 22” barrel in 4150 CMV. They manufacture a 416R SS barrel that’s QPQ’d and a 416R SS that’s bead blasted, so it’s a dull SS color.

However comma I would just reach out to Aero and confirm these things. If it is a 416R SS barrel, you would not need to swap it.

RTT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams