Folks, I am a big fan of the retro AR-15. My M16A1 clone build is one of my favorite rifles, and certainly one of the lightest. To be honest, I get more of a kick out of shooting it than out of either my work rifle (A4) or my carbine.

I am also a big history buff. I especially like military history, African military history, and Cold War history. During the Guerra do Ultramar (Overseas War), Portugal fought communism all over the African continent for about fifteen years. Their paratroopers carried the AR-10.

IMG_2267.jpg

IMG_2263.JPG
"I owe you my life"

I see that Armalite at one point ran a retro version of their AR-10B that was pretty close to this. It is no longer available, and per their emails to me, Armalite no longer even has old stock of integral carry-handle uppers of any kind, cut for either trigger or standard charging handle.

Nodak Spud, leading the charge in retro ARs, also has no plans to offer an integral carry-handle upper of this type, per their communications to me.

I see that every once in a while somebody pops up with interest in this kind of build. I am definitely interested, as complete rifles of this kind are very difficult to find. But so are any kind of parts.

Is anyone else interested in retro AR-10s? Does anyone have a source on parts?

IMG_2266.JPG