G&R Tactical
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Where are all the retro AR-10s?

Feedback Score
    70 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Where can I get a replacement AR10 intergral carry handle charging handle? I found an AR10 in a closet at work a few days ago. The charging handle is broken.

Found it at work? More info please?

Feedback Score
    92 (100%)

Where are all the retro AR-10s?

Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    Found it at work? More info please?
    I was working for a Sheriff's Department. I looked in the closet of the office I was assigned. On the floor of the closet I saw this gem partially covered in spare uniforms and a BB gun.

I looked at another deputy and said what's that! He said it's an air soft rifle. We use it in training senarios. I said no it isn't. Hand me that. I'd never seen let alone held one.

I talked to the Captain and showed him it needed a CH. I took these photos and shared them with a local class 3 dealer and with you folks. It looks like it was taken out of service years ago when the CH broke! Does anyone know when these were made? It it's transferable that would be very cool. I have a feeling it's not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by usmcvet; 04-27-18 at 02:44.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    70 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    I was working for a Sheriff's Department. I looked in the closet of the office I was assigned. On the floor of the closet I saw this gem partially covered in spare uniforms and a BB gun.

I looked at another deputy and said what's that! He said it's an air soft rifle. We use it in training senarios. I said no it isn't. Hand me that. I'd never seen let alone held one.

I talked to the Captain and showed him it needed a CH. I took these photos and shared them with a local class 3 dealer and with you folks. It looks like it was taken out of service years ago when the CH broke! Does anyone know when these were made? It it's transferable that would be very cool. I have a feeling it's not.

These were definitely made during the era of transferable MGs, but very few were actually registered. Check the S/N with the ATF. If it's not transferable, it's still worth a pile to a class 7 FFL or similar as a pre 86 dealer sample.
    Look into it and let us know!

Feedback Score
    92 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    These were definitely made during the era of transferable MGs, but very few were actually registered. Check the S/N with the ATF. If it's not transferable, it's still worth a pile to a class 7 FFL or similar as a pre 86 dealer sample.
    Look into it and let us know!
    I will. Thanks for the info guys. I appreciate it.

"Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234