Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rain jacket - quiet, waterproof, not made overseas?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jayclimber View Post
    I second the Beyond recommendation!

https://beyondclothing.com

I have the Rig Jacket for a medium weight shell and the thing is top notch! Highly water resistant, windproof, durable and extremely breathable! Quiet moving about in the field with a fit that allows you to layer underneath with long underwear and a light insulating layer and it stills gives you great freedom of movement with a chest rig/PC and/or a backpack on!

Attachment 49163
    This is the Rig softshell? 100 dollars off is nothing to scoff at if this is the one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joffe View Post
    This is the Rig softshell? 100 dollars off is nothing to scoff at if this is the one.
    That's a really good deal! I think it will fit your requirements! I haven't been disappointed in mine!

Feedback Score
    Gentlemen, I managed to forget all about Arktis.

This product appears to be exactly what I was looking for in the first place.

I am awaiting feedback from Arktis before I buy, but this looks really promising.

Feedback Score
    Can't go wrong with the Combat Smock... Probably one of the most versatile jackets you could own! It's too bad the Smock never really caught on in the states.

Feedback Score
    This year I made the plunge and bought a gen 2 Arc'teryx LEAF Alpha Jacket LT. So far I am really happy with it. The downside is that it is expensive. It is not make overseas, however it is made in Canada.

On cold days I pair it with an Arc'teryx LEAF Atom LT Jacket. This combination is pretty dope.
    I am just a regular guy, trying not to screw things up too much.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by irondude View Post
    This year I made the plunge and bought a gen 2 Arc'teryx LEAF Alpha Jacket LT. So far I am really happy with it. The downside is that it is expensive. It is not make overseas, however it is made in Canada.

On cold days I pair it with an Arc'teryx LEAF Atom LT Jacket. This combination is pretty dope.
    How did you settle on the Alpha LT over the Alpha?

Feedback Score
    Now that this thread has been revived, I might as well post to say that I bought the Arktis waterproof smock, and it is fantastic. It is an amazing value for money, too. To think people pay a thousand dollars for hardshell jackets when there's a quiet (well, no more noisy than a normal jacket), made in the UK alternative available for 200 pounds.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123