Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Case body resizing issue

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupflyer View Post
    On a Dillion 650, if you trim at station 3 it leaves enough room for an expander mandrel at station 5.
    This is the way I run it and it works well.

At least till I upgrade to a 1050 with a Mark 7 autodrive.
    I’d love to size/trim at station 3 on the 650 but the tool head retainer pin is inaccessible in that position unless you unmount the trimmer from the sizing die. I just hate needing to readjust it every time I set up for brass prep. I guess I’d eventually just get good at it.

Feedback Score
    I did not do the small case die process. I have a 4 hole Lee press. I have 2 different dies in it. I have 2 full length resizer dies and 2 neck resizer dies. I do a full length resize and then turn it one spot and do a neck resize. Since I load for 6 different .223 rifles, some with NATO chambers and some with .223 chambers I have not had a case fail to load in any rifle since doing this. After doing the resize, I do my case trim with a Little Crow (WFT) trimmer. Then I address the crimped primer and any neck issues. Yes, it's an extra step but it has worked great for me.

kwg

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    I’d love to size/trim at station 3 on the 650 but the tool head retainer pin is inaccessible in that position unless you unmount the trimmer from the sizing die. I just hate needing to readjust it every time I set up for brass prep. I guess I’d eventually just get good at it.
    Clamping the tool head will let you use screws that are shorter than the pins from Dillion and lets you put the trimmer in station 3 without haveing to remove the trimmer fro the die.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234