Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lifting Shoe Recommendations

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Lifting Shoe Recommendations

I'm looking for input on a decent pair of shoes for lifting. I've been working out with the starting strength program for the last 5 months and am getting to the point where i feel a bit unstable at the weights I'm using.
    Squats and deadlifts specificity. Also feeling the cushioning from my running shoes as get into the pushes.

Top shoes that I've seen are the Sabo and Chucks. Anyone have experience with lalos?

-Romo

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I'm a big fan of the LALO Tactical Bloodbird. A few of the SOFLETE guys recommended them and I was in the same boat as you so I ordered a pair from GovX. I go through them fairly fast (probably every 3-4 months) but I use them a ton so I don't think its unreasonable. I'm probably on my fifth pair now and use them for everything including running as long as its generally under about three miles.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by romanowe View Post
    I'm looking for input on a decent pair of shoes for lifting. I've been working out with the starting strength program for the last 5 months and am getting to the point where i feel a bit unstable at the weights I'm using.
    Squats and deadlifts specificity. Also feeling the cushioning from my running shoes as get into the pushes.

Top shoes that I've seen are the Sabo and Chucks. Anyone have experience with lalos?

-Romo
    Chuck Taylor All Stars. Period end of story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I'm real happy with the Reebok Legacy lifting shoe. Rock solid sole and heel, feel like you're cemented onto the floor. The upper also gives you great support and you can zinch down your feet tight with both laces and two straps.

Of course, these are lifting shoes. They cannot be used for running, the sole is stiff and solid and the heel is plastic. They are single-purpose shoes.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks everyone. Hard to beat the price of the all stars, might start there and go up.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I used to use Chuck Taylors, but I switched to actual lifting shoes last year and haven't looked back. I found a pair of Reebok Lifter PRs in an outlet. They aren't the top of the line, but they're sufficient. They're stable, but I would prefer a second strap. As a starting shoe, they've been good.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have started using the inov 8 215 all terrains. Nice flat bottoms with enough cushion to do some high impact stuff if needed but not so much to throw me off while squatting. They are tight but not restrictive and have a nice toe box. They run right about 100.00 on Amazon.

Feedback Score
    If you are looking for legit lifting only shoes, Romaleos or Adipowers are where it's at. They don't get abused much so the price is offset by how long you'll be able to use them. I ended up with Adipowers because I couldn't pass up on a great deal.

I find myself trying to not use lifters as much these days unless I'm doing a lot of volume. The newest reebok nano 7 weave are incredibly stabile for lifting (damn near as good as the Adi's) as well as for plyo based workouts. Running long distance in them isn't ideal but, doing 400m at a time is okay. You just missed out of the 50% off Reebok black friday sales, too.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Chuck Taylor All Stars. Period end of story.

Seriously, these are just about perfect for squats and deads. I’ve been to a few meets and they are what the majority of competitors were wearing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Great info. I'm not going to be a powerlifter, but am establishing a baseline strength before go into something more varied. I'll go chucks now, and maybe something with a little more versatility later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast