Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lifting Shoe Recommendations

Feedback Score
    Nike Romaleos are the heat. You can usually find the 2's for great prices ever since the 3's came out. I used to lift barefoot and was shocked at how a proper pair of lifting shoes make a difference. Feel so much more stable.
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by romanowe View Post
    I'm looking for input on a decent pair of shoes for lifting. I've been working out with the starting strength program for the last 5 months and am getting to the point where i feel a bit unstable at the weights I'm using.
    Squats and deadlifts specificity. Also feeling the cushioning from my running shoes as get into the pushes.

Top shoes that I've seen are the Sabo and Chucks. Anyone have experience with lalos?

-Romo
    For squats I love my Nike Romaleos 2. Honorable mention for Adidas Adipower and Rogue DoWin, but the Romaneos really lock your foot to the ground.

For deadlifts most prefer a flat, minimal sole to keep you close to the ground, such as the aforementioned Chucks

BTW, where are you getting your info for the Starting Strength program?

Do you have a lifting belt yet?

https://www.strongerbyscience.com/the-belt-bible/

You probably want a 10mm thick, 4" tall, single prong, leather weightlifting belt, too
    Last edited by Warp; 11-30-17 at 18:49.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    For squats I love my Nike Romaleos 2. Honorable mention for Adidas Adipower and Rogue DoWin, but the Romaneos really lock your foot to the ground.

For deadlifts most prefer a flat, minimal sole to keep you close to the ground, such as the aforementioned Chucks

BTW, where are you getting your info for the Starting Strength program?

Do you have a lifting belt yet?

https://www.strongerbyscience.com/the-belt-bible/

You probably want a 10mm thick, 4" tall, single prong, leather weightlifting belt, too

Good call. I just started using a belt sold by Dark Iton fitness and love it.

Feedback Score
    I've been using Reebok Lite TR's for a couple years now. I love them. Similar to chucks, but a wider toe box.

Also for belts, look no further than Pioneer belts. Made in Texas from american materials. Lifetime warranty.

Feedback Score
    85 (100%)
    I have no experience with any other legit purpose made lifting shoe, but just this past week I started using my Altama OTB Maritime Assault shoes for lifting. Nice flat stable sole. I do not own a pair of Chuck Taylors but they appear similar. It was this thread that prompted me to try the Altamas in the gym. So far I am liking them for squats, deads, etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12