Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "John Wick 2" Glock 34

Feedback Score
    I got the $400 package from TTI four years ago when Taran would email you back from his iPhone.

It's still on his site but it's now $500.

There are interviews on youtube with Taran and Bob Vogel where they say slide lightening cuts are dumb.

Paying a few hundred for a stipple job, sights and trigger mod can make sense. But $1350 worth of mods absolutely does not.

Make 2018 the year you start shooting competitively and take shooting classes. That's a lot more fun than paying for holes in your slide. Good luck.
    Last edited by hopetonbrown; 11-29-17 at 17:49.

Feedback Score
    I liked both John Wick movies and own both on DVD.

His Glock was very cool, in a movie, but I have absolutely no desire for a similar gun for myself. If I'm going to put that much money in a handgun it for certain won't be a Glock.

P.S.
    I liked his AR15 better than his Glock. Also liked his M4 Benelli better than his Glocks.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helix12 View Post
    I liked both John Wick movies and own both on DVD.

His Glock was very cool, in a movie, but I have absolutely no desire for a similar gun for myself. If I'm going to put that much money in a handgun it for certain won't be a Glock.

P.S.
    I liked his AR15 better than his Glock. Also liked his M4 Benelli better than his Glocks.
    His BCM and Benelli were both set up very well I agree.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    It's nice "second kind of cool," but nothing more. It will not help performance enough to justify the cost.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    All of my Glocks have at least one custom mod, usually frame work, which adds up very fast. I now have to shoot with a double undercut and I prefer a thumb rest also.
    This is when the polymer80 frame makes sense - it already has a lot of the mods people who like frame mods want. I put together two G17 polymer80 frames over the past weekend at $120 a piece on sale, shipped from Brownells. I had a couple of extra slides unassigned to frames so now I have two more complete pistols. I don't own any modified slides - I keep them stock.

Feedback Score
    "Taran Tactical", getting all of the tactical spotlight that Michael Mann and his technical advisers should've got.

Feedback Score
    If a glock costs more than $1k, it better have an RDS on it.

Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    There’s a rumor that many years ago Dave Sevigny’s Glock went down at a competition that Glock had a tent at. Rumor has it that he went to the booth and took a bone stock Glock 17 and won 1st overall with it.

I know when he first got into IDPA, he won with a stock g23, per a YouTube video by him.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 11-29-17 at 20:27.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkstr8 View Post
    Sidenote* Am I the only one who loved John Wick, but hated the sequel?!?
    I hated it too. The amount of people he killed and the shots he was making was just over the top.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by foxtrotx1 View Post
    I hated it too. The amount of people he killed and the shots he was making was just over the top.
    That plus the whole subway king thing, wtf. It was way too weird. Guns were cool tho.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    This is when the polymer80 frame makes sense - it already has a lot of the mods people who like frame mods want. I put together two G17 polymer80 frames over the past weekend at $120 a piece on sale, shipped from Brownells. I had a couple of extra slides unassigned to frames so now I have two more complete pistols. I don't own any modified slides - I keep them stock.
    Well this is the most positive thing that I have heard about the Polymer80's so far from a reputable source. I could use one on a Gen 3 17 I have... I would like to see them put out a Gen 4 as well in these. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by itsmcgavinson View Post
    "Taran Tactical", getting all of the tactical spotlight that Michael Mann and his technical advisers should've got.
    Mann gets plenty of due praise for his works and using realism, getting his actors training, and using the best ambient and real gunshots in his films. I'm a huge fan.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast