Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "John Wick 2" Glock 34

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Well this is the most positive thing that I have heard about the Polymer80's so far from a reputable source. I could use one on a Gen 3 17 I have... I would like to see them put out a Gen 4 as well in these. Thanks for the heads up.
    I put together the compact frame first a few months ago, and watched as many of the youtube builds as I could to get a heads-up of any issues. The most important thing is to ensure that the slide doesn't bind and runs smooth on the rails. I did some rounding of sharp edges and stoning to smooth everything out. The next two fullsize builds I just completed in 3 hours for both, taking my time. All I used was a dremel, some files and a small coping saw to remove the tabs. No mill or drill press. Even though they recommend using a hand drill for the holes, I think a drill press would ensure that they come out straight. Mine were hand drilled, so the pins are tight in there.

So far I have around 700-800 rounds through the compact, and just put 200 through one of the full size frames the other day. No issues so far (touch wood).

Feedback Score
    His BCM and Benelli were both set up very well I agree.
    I think the shotgun bits just illustrated how silly it is to have one in a fight when you could be carrying spare AR mags. It was just an excuse to show off his 3-gun shotgun reloads, but it slowed the sequence WAAAAY down.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911-A1 View Post
    I think the shotgun bits just illustrated how silly it is to have one in a fight when you could be carrying spare AR mags. It was just an excuse to show off his 3-gun shotgun reloads, but it slowed the sequence WAAAAY down.
    I can see your points. I still thought it was cool.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Well this is the most positive thing that I have heard about the Polymer80's so far from a reputable source. I could use one on a Gen 3 17 I have... I would like to see them put out a Gen 4 as well in these. Thanks for the heads up.

Mann gets plenty of due praise for his works and using realism, getting his actors training, and using the best ambient and real gunshots in his films. I'm a huge fan.
    I stumbled across the youtube channel "Tactical Toolbox" when looking into the Polymer80 frames and found his videos very informative compared to most others. He's very....energetic... but his were the better of the build videos I found:

I'm asking for a couple of frames for Christmas but if Santa don't deliver I'm gonna pick some up afterwards. I want to get into the RMR pistol game. There is no way I could live with myself if I dropped the kind of crazy money that companies like Agency Arms & Taran Tactical ask for a Glock. Plus I like the no paperwork to ask Uncle Sam's permission aspect of it.
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big A View Post
    I stumbled across the youtube channel "Tactical Toolbox" when looking into the Polymer80 frames and found his videos very informative compared to most others. He's very....energetic... but his were the better of the build videos I found:

I'm asking for a couple of frames for Christmas but if Santa don't deliver I'm gonna pick some up afterwards. I want to get into the RMR pistol game. There is no way I could live with myself if I dropped the kind of crazy money that companies like Agency Arms & Taran Tactical ask for a Glock. Plus I like the no paperwork to ask Uncle Sam's permission aspect of it.
    I agree - 'Tactical toolbox's' vids were some of the better vids I found. The Brownells slides are a very inexpensive way to get into the RMR Glock game:
    https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...rod107977.aspx

I built a polymer80 G19 with brownells slide for a buddy (non-RMR). Just note that the Brownells slide is more 'boxy' than the OEM slide, and won't fit into the same holsters because the top edges extend out more than the rounded ones of the OEM slide. IMHO, all manufacturers making aftermarket Glock slides and frames should stay within the OEM Glock envelope to ensure holster compatibility. I'm invested in Glock holsters so that would be a 'make or break' factor for me. The polymer80 frame trigger guard is wider, so it doesn't fit in non-light Glock holsters. But, it works with holsters that index off the light, so I'm just using my polymer80 frames with my light-compatible glock holsters.
    I have noticed more holster manufacturers making P80-compatible holsters lately, though.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CDR_Glock View Post
    Someone said The Accountant was like John Wick. Is it worth watching?
    I thought the Accountant was a much better all-around movie than John Wick in terms of the acting and story. For the purposes of this discussion, I thought it was a more - dare I say it? - realistic portrayal of a skilled gunfighter without all the fancy showmanship of gun handling (press checks, reloads, etc). I’ve watched the Accountant several times now but don’t have much interest in watching the John Wick movies straight through again aside from just some of the fight scenes for entertainment.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    The polymer80 frame trigger guard is wider, so it doesn't fit in non-light Glock holsters.
    Would it fit standard Glock holster if you shaved down the trigger guard?
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    I agree - 'Tactical toolbox's' vids were some of the better vids I found. The Brownells slides are a very inexpensive way to get into the RMR Glock game:
    https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...rod107977.aspx

I built a polymer80 G19 with brownells slide for a buddy (non-RMR). Just note that the Brownells slide is more 'boxy' than the OEM slide, and won't fit into the same holsters because the top edges extend out more than the rounded ones of the OEM slide. IMHO, all manufacturers making aftermarket Glock slides and frames should stay within the OEM Glock envelope to ensure holster compatibility. I'm invested in Glock holsters so that would be a 'make or break' factor for me. The polymer80 frame trigger guard is wider, so it doesn't fit in non-light Glock holsters. But, it works with holsters that index off the light, so I'm just using my polymer80 frames with my light-compatible glock holsters.
    I have noticed more holster manufacturers making P80-compatible holsters lately, though.
    Yes sir, the Brownell's slide is what I am planing to go with. Thanks for the heads up about the holster fitment with it.
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911-A1 View Post
    It was cool to see him load one into an empty chamber, though - just another excuse to show off a different TTI mod'd gun. I don't remember if he actually ghosts a round in it, or not.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by darr3239 View Post
    Would it fit standard Glock holster if you shaved down the trigger guard?
    I'd assume so, but have not tried doing that.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast