Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Is vegetarianism the natural option?"

Feedback Score
    I never understood why it had to be such a big debate. My experience is either can be healthy.
    Omnivorous diet is easier/simpler to make healthy. On the extreme, the only 2 vegans i met had to quit due to malnutrition.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    I never understood why it had to be such a big debate. My experience is either can be healthy.
    Omnivorous diet is easier/simpler to make healthy. On the extreme, the only 2 vegans i met had to quit due to malnutrition.
    Agreed.

The debate seems to stem from the veggie side who think that eating animals is human.

In turn, I say , Isn't cutting plants and trees also inhumane???

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Agreed.

The debate seems to stem from the veggie side who think that eating animals is inhumane.

In turn, I say , Isn't cutting plants and trees also inhumane???

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Good read.

I think it's also worth noting that you shouldn't consider all meat in one group health-wise. A slice of cheap bologna and a piece of chicken breast from a healthy bird are about as different as a potato is from a chainsaw.
    On the seventh day God rested; Marines filled sandbags

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeM4 View Post
    Agreed.

The debate seems to stem from the veggie side who think that eating animals is inhumane.
    I can live with the moral/ethical/religious debate on it regardless of where I may fall, it's when they make claims like humans are naturally vegetarians, not mean to eat meat, being vegan is best for health, and other demonstrably debunked pseudo science BS, is where I draw the line.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ginzomatic View Post
    Good read.

I think it's also worth noting that you shouldn't consider all meat in one group health-wise. A slice of cheap bologna and a piece of chicken breast from a healthy bird are about as different as a potato is from a chainsaw.
    Data appears to support that:

http://www.brinkzone.com/articles/re...e-wrong-thing/
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
    Pretty sure I have a family line that evolved to be Meat & Caffeine dependant.
    I get a kick out of folks who want to regulate other folks dietary habits to please their own conscience.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Finally, a brother who understands. I am forced to lay in my coffin in the morning until my wife gives me my caffeine intravenously. Dinner is some sort of red meat dish.

Feedback Score
    There is so much junk science concerning what we eat and drink that I challenge anyone to come up with a definitive answer on anything. Coffee is good for you...coffee is bad for you...etc.

Bottom line: NO MATTER WHAT YOU EAT AND DRINK YOU ARE EVENTUALLY GOING TO DIE.

Don't eat or drink excessive amounts of anything. Don't smoke or dip (chew). Eat the most nutritious foods you can from all groups. Indulge in few sweets. Alcohol in moderation. Get some exercise. Enjoy your life and stop fretting over what you put in your mouth.

The ONE thing I would caution is to give up soda pop with Phosphoric Acid in it. There is no reason to drink gun blue remover, which is what this is.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    My wife's grandparents lived into their mid 90's and passed away at home. The both ate salt bacon, eggs, biscuits, beef, pork and drank coffee. Foods that would probably give most of us heart attacks at a young age. The difference is they spent their lives on a farm, grew their own food and physically worked all the time.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12