Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Address change with a pending Form 1

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Address change with a pending Form 1

I recently sold the house that my Form 1 was filed under, so I called the NFA branch to give them my new address but all they did was make a note. They didn't take the new address, my phone number, or any other information. I'm assuming the note is to tell the examiner to call the number that was submitted on the form to get the updated address once it comes time to review it? I'm checking because I filed as an individual and the check was cashed June 13th so I should be receiving a call soon if that is the case. Thanks for any info on this.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Will you be having your mail forwarded? As long as you get the stamp, you can worry about the address stuff later.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Will you be having your mail forwarded? As long as you get the stamp, you can worry about the address stuff later.
    Mail is supposedly being forwarded to the new address until next year, but we used to live in a very rural area and the "mailman" contracted by USPS was a crackhead delivering mail from boxes in the back of an early '90s minivan with no windows sooooo... I'm a bit concerned about that.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
    Mail is supposedly being forwarded to the new address until next year, but we used to live in a very rural area and the "mailman" contracted by USPS was a crackhead delivering mail from boxes in the back of an early '90s minivan with no windows sooooo... I'm a bit concerned about that.
    By that description, sounds as if receiving your stamp is a 50/50 proposition whether you moved or not.
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score
    Same thing happened to me with my Form 4. They made a note, then told me to wait for an error letter. I got the application back, then just crossed out the old address, entered the new one, and resubmitted (I called them again and they told me to do this). Got my stamp in a couple weeks after that.

The difference is the Form 4 was mailed to my FFL, then he called me. I'm not sure how it would work with you, especially since you didn't give them any of your new info. I would call them again.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Pretty sure that there is at least one thread here about this. Last I remember they are asking you to file a 5320.20 and indicate the updated information.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Pretty sure that there is at least one thread here about this. Last I remember they are asking you to file a 5320.20 and indicate the updated information.
    My search-fu sucks but I did look before asking.

Sounds like I need to call again. I haven't seen or heard anything, and we know for a fact that even on some mail that has been forwarded, USPS is delivering mail for our new address to the wrong mailbox.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks! The first link echos my exact circumstances (in state move, pending F1), the other two were for out of state moves where I know a 5320.20 would be required. I'm just going to get my S/N tonight and call the NFA in the morning to follow up on it. If they tell me the same thing I guess I won't worry until if/when they say it's been approved and I haven't received it.

Feedback Score
    From what I've seen, the answer is "whatever they feel like doing" at the time. Technically, you shouldn't need a 5320.20 for changing the Form 1 address. If it's approved to 123 1st Street (the updated address on the Form 1) then it doesn't make any sense at all to 5320.20 it to 123 1st Street. However, they may tell you to do so because you talked to someone playing fast and loose with the rules.

What I *have* seen done is they use the old address on the Form 1, then request the 5320.20. They then mail the Form 1 (with old address) to the new address as indicated on that .20.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast