Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for good AK74 mags?

Feedback Score

Looking for good AK74 mags?

I am getting my 2nd AK74 in a few months. Anybody know who sells the Bulgarian Circle 10 mags at the cheapest price? And does anyone think there are better mags out there than the Bulgarian Circle 10' s Ones. I only own 12 Bulgarian Circle 10 mags for my Saiga 74. I'm getting an Arsenal SLR104 FR and want mags that are totally reliable like the Circle 10's. Also anybody know where Circle 10 mags are sold cheapest?? Thanks

Feedback Score
    They aren't cheap these days. I have a few tubs of them already; black, plum, tan, firebrick, brown etc. I suggest you swap the furniture for a Russian plum set or Bulgarian hardwood set with correct Russian 74 metal stock. The Bulgarians used Russian plum well into the 90's along with Russian and Bulgarian magazines of various color. Correct mags would then be Russian bakelite, Russian plum, Bulgarian tan, Bulgarian firebrick, and Bulgarian brown. The all black mags are more expensive because they are the newest generation of magazines. However the used ones go for quite a bit less maybe $33 per magazine.

Here are original Circle 10 Black Bulgarian Magazines.

https://www.circle10ak.com/product/b...ine-5-45x39mm/

https://www.k-var.com/magazine-545x3...senal-bulgaria

7n6
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 11-30-17 at 01:58.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    They aren't cheap these days. I have a few tubs of them already. They work very well, perfectly reliable.

https://www.circle10ak.com/product/b...ine-5-45x39mm/
    Yeah I know. The AK74 is my favorite rifle for various reasons. I don't want to buy cheap AK 74 mags unless its a top tier brand like Circle10's or Russian or Chinese mags. Pmags in 5.45 are not durable enough for the AK74 weapon system

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf.545 x .39 View Post
    Yeah I know. The AK74 is my favorite rifle for various reasons. I don't want to buy cheap AK 74 mags unless its a top tier brand like Circle10's or Russian or Chinese mags. Pmags in 5.45 are not durable enough for the AK74 weapon system

No reason to substitute especially with a small collection of only two rifles. Get the correct magazines, spend a little more. I can say that they'll last at least 25K rounds plus per mag because I've run that much through them with my range duty magazines that I don't care about. Personal thoughts, only go the Russian plum stock set with metal sidefolder or Bulgarian hardwood 74 handguards with metal sidefolder if you are going for a more historical build. Course being SLR 104's they are newer production anyway so stick with black stocks and mags.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 11-30-17 at 02:07.

Feedback Score
    No reason to substitute especially with a small collection of only two rifles. Get the correct magazines, spend a little more. I can say that they'll last at least 25K rounds plus per mag because I've run that much through them with my range duty magazines that I don't care about. Personal thoughts, only go the Russian plum stock set with metal sidefolder or Bulgarian hardwood 74 handguards with metal sidefolder if you are going for a more historical build. Course being SLR 104's they are newer production anyway so stick with black stocks and mags.
    Yeah I like the black mags but I know the Bakelite's are also very good Russian mags. I have a Saiga 74 and hardly ever shoot the corrosive 7n6 but I'm stocking up on it in a crap hits the fan scenario. I trust my AK74 a bit more than my Colt LE6920 because the AK doesb"t require as much maintanence. I love both about the same though. Just the AK74 in a pinch with 7n6.
    Last edited by Wolf.545 x .39; 11-30-17 at 02:16.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf.545 x .39 View Post
    Yeah I like the black mags but I know the Bakelite's are also very good Russian mags. I have a Saiga 74 and hardly ever shoot the corrosive 7n6 but I'm stocking up on it in a crap hits the fan scenario. I trust my AK74 a bit more than my Colt LE6920 because the AK doesb"t require as much maintanence. I love both about the same though. Just the AK74 in a pinch with 7n6.
    Overall it's the best round and best platform available for reliability and longevity. The 7n6 ammo will last forever in tins.

Feedback Score
    Overall it's the best round and best platform available for reliability and longevity. The 7n6 ammo will last forever in tins.

Yeah a lot of guys say that 5.45x.39 round is what the AR15 should have been. Of course there are great bullet choices in 5.56 but in 5.45 7n6 is all one needs. The way it Tumble's is frightening and when that long thin bullet hits it acts like a knife once it hits the body. That's why Im buying another AK74 and down the road another AR15.
    Last edited by Wolf.545 x .39; 11-30-17 at 02:53.

Feedback Score
    AoA has Romanian steel magazines. I have not spent much time with the Romanian mags. I have found the Rommy mags fit tight in my SLR-104. Perhaps with some filing they will fit easier.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I use surplus mags. Don't really care who made them. Have Russian/Bulgarian plum, black, red. Polish & Romanian steel mags.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I use surplus mags. Don't really care who made them. Have Russian/Bulgarian plum, black, red. Polish & Romanian steel mags.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Well I'm thinking about getting more now because you never know when 30 or 45 round mags may get banned. I have all Circle 10's for my Saiga 74. They are flawless. A lot of guys are abandoning the AK74 since they banned 7n6 but In not gonna be using corrosive 7n6 for target shooting. They will be loaded in my defensive mags. I have the Saiga 74 down state. I just want another AK74 and quality mags for them both

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast