Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
Logic, this makes absolutely none.

"If I felt like I needed to have a gun for self defense of my castle I would move" would make more sense, actually.

You recognize and admit that you might need a firearm for home defense, but write off the objectively more capable firearm because...why? If you need lethal force to stop an attacker that is in your home you need to stop them right now, why completely write off the tool (shoulder fired rifle/shotgun) that has proven itself time and again to be a superior fight stopper compared to a pistol cartridge'd pistol?

Sure, somebody might be more comfortable, competent, trained, etc with a pistol. Maybe they have reasons they prefer a pistol relating to use with one hand, ability to holster/conceal it, etc, but those are different stories
No not discounting or writing off anything, as I stated I've got several rifles and access to them. If I knew I had to defend myself tonight and couldn't go elsewhere an M-4 would be my first choice. Everyone needs to do thier own threat assessment based on thier location, crime rate, training, etc. I've just never felt that I needed more gun than I alluded to for my everyday HD weapon.

Stating that if I needed a gun for HD I would move is more logical is not what I said or meant. There is an obligation to protect your family that exceeds the "need". Do not think I am sugesting or telling you what you need, but have explained my needs based on my assessments of my current station in life.

There are times that optimum beats maximum and launching bullets inside a bedroom is one where I'll go with optimum. Different tools. For every scenario that you can come up with that makes a carbine better than a pistol inside a structure, there is one that would would also point to the handgun as the preferred weapon. Have you ever launched 5.56 rounds inside a small structure without ear protection? Ever went through your house at night because of that random bump? Do you have a wife and kids? Like I said we all have to make a decision based on our own assessment.